Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Where can I access ALL of the release notes for the AC-8265 WiFi adapter?

I need to understand the changes from 20.10.1.3 up to 20.70.6.1 for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

There is usually a link to the Release Notes on the download page for the package. Driver version 20.70.6.1 is the (64-bit only) Windows 10 driver for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 826x adapters. The package that provides this driver is version 20.120.1. On the downloads page for this package (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...) you will see that there is a link to the Release Notes (such as they are).

BTW, how I found my way to this page was to open a Windows to https://downloadcenter.intel.com, do a search for "Intel Wireless-AC 8265" and then select the entry for Windows 10. I actually used the Release Notes file to verify that I had the right package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

As for how to get to *all* of the release notes, well, after doing the search, I was at a page that actually contains links for all driver versions. Simply click on the "Show More" button to see the previous versions.

...S

Highlighted
Novice

​Thanks for the reply Scott, but the "Show More" is only showing me All of the "Latest Driver Versions", not previous ones. They must have an archive area, but it's not being very obvious to locate. For example, my laptop shipped with version 20.10.1.3 drivers. I would like to be able to read what the subsequent updates 'fixed' in order to determine what issues the current 20.70.6.1 might solve in my organization.

Highlighted

JVest1, I just wanted to let you know that I sent you an email with the released notes for the Intel® Wireless drivers, please verify your inbox. If you have further questions please post them in this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

JVest1, I just wanted to check if you received our email and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Please send the full release notes to me as well. Full release notes are the minimum any mission critical enterprise customer would expect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pthom5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. I will verify with the engineering department to confirm if that information is available. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

pthom5, I sent you an email with the released notes of the Intel® Wireless drivers, please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Received, thank you. I encourage Intel to make these generally available alongside the new firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pthom5, You are very welcome, thank you for your feedback. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

​Hello Alberto,

I do not find the email with the all of the release notes, or one with links to them either.

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JVest1, I sent you a private message requesting your current email address for us to send you the Intel® Wireless released notes again. Please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Can I also get a copy of all the release notes for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265?

I have a customer asking for this information and I can only find the latest release notes but not all of them.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RGuzm5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. Sure, we will send you the Intel® Wireless released notes to your email, please verify your inbox. JVest1, I just wanted to check if you received our private message or email? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

​I have still not received the release notes or links to them. We is Intel hiding the older versions? Why can't you just post the URLs here so ANYONE that would need o see them has the opportunity?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

JVest1, We are sorry to hear you did not get our email. Just to let you know, we already sent you the email twice to the address that you submitted, did you check the spam folder? We also sent you a private message requesting your current email address, did you get our message? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree. This is totally ridiculous. Intel should be embarrassed. Someone fold these release notes into a single file (like they should have been from day one) and make sure they are posted somewhere where we can all access them.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

JVest1, I just wanted to confirm if you received our email or if you saw the private message that we sent you? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Yes I replied a couple weeks ago!

Why is it so frustratingly difficult to get a damn answer from Intel?

Why are the release notes hidden online?

This should have been a couple minute expenditure of my time a month ago, but I’ve had to waste MY time looking on

Intel.com

, Googling, and waiting for answers in a forum.

THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!!!!

Jeff Vest

Technical Engineering Analyst

Enterprise Services & Data - Network

Ascension Technologies

0 Kudos