Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMitc
Beginner

Where can I find the Recon Engage mobile app for iPhone??

Hi, this Harry , I just bought a smiths ski Goggles Recon Snow 2 brand new of a guy that did not use it at all. I can’t find the mobile app which is supposed to connect the iPhone with the Recon Snow2. Is there anyone that can help me in some way?

i would really appreciate your help!!

thanks

harry

13 Replies
MaryT_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Harry,

I see you submitted a case for this as well and our Product Support Engineer, Chris, let you know the product was discontinued awhile ago. Here's the info for anyone else.

The Recon Snow 2 was discontinued several years ago and we stopped supporting it in June of last year.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028516/emerging-technologies/wearable-de...

We continue to support the back-end server and service for the time being. However, the Recon app was removed from both the IOS and Android store, and no longer available. The only option for syncing data is to use the Uplink app that is available for download from the portal you registered on.

You can find additional information on the product here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/97507/emerging-technologies/wearable-device...

I'll go ahead and close this issue for now and I apologize that don't have better news for you. Thanks,

Mary T.

Community Manager

Alex55
Novice

Recon Uplink ist down

How can I manage my Snow2 now?

regards

alex

thk
Novice

same here...

I am very disappointed finding out, having some 600 bugs sunglasses at the moment. Intel you should do something about this! There are 50.000 customers out there that bought the hardware for a lot of money. If only half of them will file a lawsuit it will hurt. And think of all the customers that will buy AMD from now on because Intel does not care about their customers. 

Thomas

Alex55
Novice

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm buying AMD haha. Intel bought the company and dropped it.

That sucks. At least keep the old app active and don't delete it.

Where can you file a class action lawsuit?
Now we have very expensive glasses that only show speed and last loaded old maps

ChristianD
Beginner

Nothing works anymore, they closed down everything.
I also need a app for my goggles
AlHill
Super User

Read the second post in this thread. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

ChristianD
Beginner

I know.
Thats why I wrote that I also need an app for my goggles.
Hopefull that someone else had made an app we could use...
Tobi92
Beginner

I just unpacked my Smith I/O with Snow2 for my Skitrip after three years and just figured out that there is no app anymore. I am really disappointed by Intel, that they discontinued an existing and really good product, just because they haven't been successful in this business. With this attitude it is no wonder why. Now I can throw away $600 after using it once? Intel, how is it with a partly refund or should I ask my lawyer?

ELK75
Beginner

@MaryT_Intel

This is really stupid that they close down the app, they Should reactivate the app and upgrade it so we can use it. I use this for snowmobiling in search and rescue missions for the Red Cross in Norway, and it was really great to use since it had a compass so that I knew my heading and many other things.

Tobias4
Beginner

I also need the app and software
jpeterham
Beginner

Has a workaround been found for using the goggles? Just tried to use the Engage app and can't login with my username.

rabit
Beginner

Hi...my friend can you send me a copy of Recon Engage app please , I try to activate my glasses and I cannot do anything without this app. Thank you very much Dan

jpeterham
Beginner

Hi Dan, this is the app I used. https://m.apkpure.com/recon-engage/com.reconinstruments.jetandroid

You have to be in "Developer" mode to install it. However, even with the app you cannot login as the servers have been shutdown.