Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
5974 Discussions

Where can I find the Recon Engage mobile app for iPhone??

HMitc
Beginner

Hi, this Harry , I just bought a smiths ski Goggles Recon Snow 2 brand new of a guy that did not use it at all. I can’t find the mobile app which is supposed to connect the iPhone with the Recon Snow2. Is there anyone that can help me in some way?

i would really appreciate your help!!

thanks

harry

20 Replies
MaryT_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Harry,

I see you submitted a case for this as well and our Product Support Engineer, Chris, let you know the product was discontinued awhile ago. Here's the info for anyone else.

The Recon Snow 2 was discontinued several years ago and we stopped supporting it in June of last year.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028516/emerging-technologies/wearable-de...

We continue to support the back-end server and service for the time being. However, the Recon app was removed from both the IOS and Android store, and no longer available. The only option for syncing data is to use the Uplink app that is available for download from the portal you registered on.

You can find additional information on the product here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/97507/emerging-technologies/wearable-device...

I'll go ahead and close this issue for now and I apologize that don't have better news for you. Thanks,

Mary T.

Community Manager

Alex55
Novice

Recon Uplink ist down

How can I manage my Snow2 now?

regards

alex

ELK75
Beginner

@MaryT_Intel

This is really stupid that they close down the app, they Should reactivate the app and upgrade it so we can use it. I use this for snowmobiling in search and rescue missions for the Red Cross in Norway, and it was really great to use since it had a compass so that I knew my heading and many other things.

Tobias4
Beginner
I also need the app and software
ELK75
Beginner

We ar many that have these goggles, so you should find a workaround so we can use an app or something to track with. Are use this goggles for Search rescue mission for the Red Cross SAR Volunteers in Norway, in winter time and summer time on snowmobile or ATV. It would also be nice to have map possibilities for Norway and not just the USA.

sc32valve
Beginner
Has there been any word or at least releasing an app that doesn't require the back-end server. It is absolutely depressing as I've used my goggles for 7 years and I rely on them for everything. Please at least consider the possibility of another hosted server or an independent app. This has really soured my view of Intel.
thk
Novice

same here...

I am very disappointed finding out, having some 600 bugs sunglasses at the moment. Intel you should do something about this! There are 50.000 customers out there that bought the hardware for a lot of money. If only half of them will file a lawsuit it will hurt. And think of all the customers that will buy AMD from now on because Intel does not care about their customers. 

Thomas

Alex55
Novice

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm buying AMD haha. Intel bought the company and dropped it.

That sucks. At least keep the old app active and don't delete it.

Where can you file a class action lawsuit?
Now we have very expensive glasses that only show speed and last loaded old maps

ChristianD
Beginner
Nothing works anymore, they closed down everything.
I also need a app for my goggles
AlHill
Super User

Read the second post in this thread. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

ChristianD
Beginner
I know.
Thats why I wrote that I also need an app for my goggles.
Hopefull that someone else had made an app we could use...
Tobi92
Beginner

I just unpacked my Smith I/O with Snow2 for my Skitrip after three years and just figured out that there is no app anymore. I am really disappointed by Intel, that they discontinued an existing and really good product, just because they haven't been successful in this business. With this attitude it is no wonder why. Now I can throw away $600 after using it once? Intel, how is it with a partly refund or should I ask my lawyer?

jpeterham
Beginner

Has a workaround been found for using the goggles? Just tried to use the Engage app and can't login with my username.

rabit
Beginner

Hi...my friend can you send me a copy of Recon Engage app please , I try to activate my glasses and I cannot do anything without this app. Thank you very much Dan

jpeterham
Beginner

Hi Dan, this is the app I used. https://m.apkpure.com/recon-engage/com.reconinstruments.jetandroid

You have to be in "Developer" mode to install it. However, even with the app you cannot login as the servers have been shutdown.

Thomas11
Beginner

Has anything happened here.. i am also very dissapointed.. there's no more app.. i have an old broken iphone where i still have the recon engage app.. and it still works there.. but i cant download it on my new iphone... 

Has anybody found any solution yet?

Alex55
Novice

Thanks to JKAero. but the Converter cant find the files, try everything. Maybe you can help.

His post was deleted and I'll copy it again here:

"

So...this is not a traditional way to solve this problem but I can report it works.  I did this on the Zeal Transcend Goggle but I would expect it works with other Recon products.  This procedure basically grabs the proprietary Recon files and converts them to generic .GPX files to upload into a new app.

Setup:
Download and Install Java - https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp
Download RIB to GPX Converter from evilwombat - https://github.com/evilwombat/flight-converter (Cannot take credit for this, found it posted on the net but it works!)

1. Power On The Goggles and connect USB to a computer. It should show the computer icon on the goggle screen. NOTE-It seems to be picky about USB cords, I got connection errors with a few and then found one that works everytime.

2. It should open on the computer like a USB drive. There are a bunch of files on there but you are looking for the "Day**.RIB" files. The ones you want are larger than the other files (>1Kb). Copy them to a folder on your computer.

3. Drag each .RIB file to Convert_win.cmd and it will create .gpx files from the tracks

4. Once you have the .GPX files you can view/load them in a variety of ways.
        -GPX Viewer and Recorder for Windows 10 will open them
        -Slopes App - Go to your logbook and hit the '+' to load the gpx

Enjoy

"

Alex55
Novice

Thanks to JKAero. but the Converter cant find the files, try everything. Maybe you can help.

His post was deleted and I'll copy it again here:

"

So...this is not a traditional way to solve this problem but I can report it works.  I did this on the Zeal Transcend Goggle but I would expect it works with other Recon products.  This procedure basically grabs the proprietary Recon files and converts them to generic .GPX files to upload into a new app.

Setup:
Download and Install Java - https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp
Download RIB to GPX Converter from evilwombat - https://github.com/evilwombat/flight-converter (Cannot take credit for this, found it posted on the net but it works!)

1. Power On The Goggles and connect USB to a computer. It should show the computer icon on the goggle screen. NOTE-It seems to be picky about USB cords, I got connection errors with a few and then found one that works everytime.

2. It should open on the computer like a USB drive. There are a bunch of files on there but you are looking for the "Day**.RIB" files. The ones you want are larger than the other files (>1Kb). Copy them to a folder on your computer.

3. Drag each .RIB file to Convert_win.cmd and it will create .gpx files from the tracks

4. Once you have the .GPX files you can view/load them in a variety of ways.
        -GPX Viewer and Recorder for Windows 10 will open them
        -Slopes App - Go to your logbook and hit the '+' to load the gpx

Enjoy

"

sc32valve
Beginner
Can you give us a little more info on this? Does this remove server requirement? Or are we supposed to make edits ourselves.
fcountryman
Beginner

Good day to everyone,

Is there any news in suport for the Goggles Recon Snow 2?

Many thx in advance.

Kind regards,

F.C.