Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Which Intel AC wireless card can I use with my Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423?

KKip
Beginner

Trying to replace a dying wireless network card with something that will connect with my AC capable router. Can I use the 7260 or do I need another option?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must contact Dell for specifics on what cards can be used in your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kip,

What Al Hill suggested, it would be the best option as the computer manufacturer is the only one entitled to provide a list of other Intel® Wireless Adapters that are fully compatible with the type of system you have.

Also, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this online documentaion for more information on this particular matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kip,

It has been a while since we sent you some information regarding your inquiry. We would like to know if you still need our assistance. Please let us know as soon as you can.
0 Kudos