Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Who still has intel 5100 agn wifi card (better in acer laptop)?

LFern10
Beginner

I am looking for help with my wifi card, I have acer 6930g laptop with this intel card. Please reply below, who has it still, for me to write what I need. thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

costarica,

We will be more than gald to assist you if it is within our scope of support. We wonder if you could be kind enough and let us know if you are experiencing any inconvenience with this specific adapter. If there isn't any issue, you may want to take a look at this product specification for further information, please click on this link: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/wifi-link-5100-brief.pdf Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Series - PRODUCT BRIEF

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Kudos
LFern10
Beginner

is that a robot answer?

I know all that. I am not rookie. please reply, only if you have this card inside your laptop. thanks.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

costarica,

Is there any particular information you need to know about this adapter? We are willing to help but, in order to do so, we need to know what it is you are look for.

0 Kudos
LFern10
Beginner

one year, I tried to open channel number 14 in this card, and I foudn one app, that takes eeprom .bin file out of the wifi card, but by mistake, I wrote eeprom from another wificard, so mine now does not see networks. DO you have this card?, cos I have app, which can extract .bin file from it to send to me then for me to try.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

costarica,

We are going to look into it in order to check if we can help you with your request.

But before we go any further, did you try to check with the computer OEM if they have any solution to this ?

0 Kudos
LFern10
Beginner

it is acer, they know nothing about it. if anyone has this card, I shall show it how to make it.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

costarica,

Thank you, we will get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

costarica,

The Intel® WiFi Link 5100 is an old adapter, the channel 14 is not legal in most countries, depending to each country laws. We basically do not support this kind of situations.

0 Kudos
LFern10
Beginner

yeah, but I do not ask for help to open channel number 14. that is the result the lead to it.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

costarica,

We understand your concern but, unfortunately, the changes performed on the adapter are not supported by Intel. We also would like to take this oportunity and inform you that this adapter has reached end of support. Our recommendation at this point would be to contact the OEM (Original Equipement Manufacturer) in order to obtain support as such changes are meant to be performed only by the manufacturer of your system. Tampering with the eeprom of the adapter is against product manufacturer policies and FCC regulations.

With that being said, we would lke to inform you that we are not able to assist you with this particular matter. Please, check with your OEM for further assistance.

0 Kudos