Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Why has my Wireless AC 9560 Bluetooth range suddenly dropped to 1 foot?

SPedi
Beginner

I've been using bluetooth devices on my new laptop for several weeks without any issues until the last few days. I'm still able to pair/unpair Bluetooth devices with zero issues but the bluetooth range is extremely poor. After ~2 feet, the signal starts to stutter/drop on my headphones, and even the slightest amount of physical interference such as my body seems to cause crackling.

I have tried to reduce potential interference by powering off my wireless modem/router, moving my laptop to an isolated wooden table with no peripherals connected to it, and then tried multiple bluetooth headphones all with the same result. The bluetooth signal seems to only reach about 2-3 feet from the laptop and even turning slightly causes the headphones to pop/crackle badly.

This is driving me insane.

My drivers:

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) Properties

• Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1
  • Bthenum.sys and rfcomm.sys

Intel Wireless Bluetooth (R)

• Manufacturer Id: 2
  • Firmware Version: HCI 9.256 / LMP 9.256
  • Driver: Intel 21.40.0.1

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

This PC is using the COM (serial) ports listed below:

• COM3 Outgoing LG HBS750 'CSR GAIA'
  • COM4 Incoming LG HBS750

Discovery: [ ] Allow Bluetooth devices to find this pC

System Details:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Intel i7-9750H
  • Intel Wireless-AC 9560

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you contacted your laptop manufacturer for assistance? They are solely responsible for your support and warranty.

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. In your Intel Wireless-AC 9560 adapter you have two radios: the first working at 5GHZ and the other is serving Bluetooth and 2.4GHz WiFi.
  2. Is your WiFi 2.4GHz working good?

Leon

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SPedi,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have the following information:

1. What is your system model, OS build number, etc. To gather this and other useful information, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread?

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

2. Did the Intel® Wireless adapter come preinstalled on your computer?

3. Was this driver version 21.40.0.1 provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)? Are you using a Windows* 10 Insider Preview build?

4. Did this issue start happening after a driver, hardware or Windows* update?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SPedi,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SPedi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos