Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX200 send lots of NULL SAP

Yukino
Beginner

AX200 21.110.1.1

When I set the workmode of my access point to Hybrid(for scanning channel), I find that AX200 send lots of packets which protocol is 'NULL SAP', about 300 packets per second.

This behavior will cause the negotiated rate to drop to 6Mbps, or even disconnect.

When i connect to WLAN, AX200 will also send a small amount of NULL SAP packets, about 20 packets.

This only appears on the Windows platform, not the linux platform.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. What is the brand and model number of your Access Point? 

3. How many systems do you have with the same behavior? Do you have another system with a different wireless card? If yes, please provide the outcome. 

4. Is this the first time you are facing this behavior? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

6. Have you checked if this behavior happens with other networks?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Yukino
Beginner

Hi,

1. See the attachment for SSU, named ssu_info.txt

2. Chip of access point is IPQ4019. Sorry for confidentiality, I cannot tell you the brand and model.

3. Five. AX200 is installed on every computer. The driver version contains 21.110.1.1, 21.90.3. Linux version is 

Linux HOSTNAME 5.4.0-40-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 23 00:01:04 UTC 2020 x86_64 Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

See the attachment for modinfo of iwlwifi.ko, named iwlwifi.7z

4. Not the first time. I tried to modify the properties of the adapter, but still no effect.

5. I installed a new adapter in March of this year.

6. The problem occurs when I set the bandwidth to 40Mbps or 80Mbps, whether11n or 11ac.

0 Kudos
Yukino
Beginner

6. The problem occurs when I set the bandwidth to 40MHz or 80MHz, whether11n or 11ac.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Please let us review this behavior internally and kindly for a response. We will post on this thread once we have an update.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino, 

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update. 

After reviewing all the details internally, we noticed that this wireless adapter was installed in the system separately, and was not the original adapter of it. 

For these types of integrations, it is highly recommended to contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. If you have already performed the integration, it is also important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. You can check that and more information here

Based on that, I will highly recommend you check with your system manufacturer whether this can be a compatibility issue and the correct way if integrating this wireless component on your system.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Yukino,  

I hope you found the previous recommendations useful. 

As we advised,  is highly recommended to contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country, and if you have already performed the integration, it is also important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. This is why we are recommending you to check with the manufacturer for further support on this issue. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos