Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX201 5G Channels in New Zealand

MH-NZ
Beginner

It looks to me like the AX201 doesn't support all WiFi 5G channels available in New Zealand.  It looks to be missing 118-128.  

Is there a setting I'm missing or do the drivers need to be updated to support all valid channels?

Channels avail on device with AX201:

Channels avail on device with AX201Channels avail on device with AX201

Channels avail for use in New Zealand:

Avail channels in NZAvail channels in NZ

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello MH-NZ

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues?
  • Did this start after an update or was it always like this?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  • Router model
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
MH-NZ
Beginner

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues? - Bluetooth is working fine
  • Did this start after an update or was it always like this? - Rolling out new laptops with this WiFi adapter - all laptops have this issue
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system? - Laptop
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both? Anywhere there is an AP using channel 120 - 128
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced? I am using latest Intel drivers 22.80
  • What OS version are you using? Windows 10
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? built into laptop
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Yes all devices that support all valid NZ channels work fine (other laptops/ mobile devices / workstations etc)
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? No - This impacts all laptops with this WiFi adapter
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? I have tried multiple drivers including 22.70 & 22.80
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Yes - the only fix is to change the channel the AP is using (not a valid fix as the channel used is valid in NZ)
  • Router model Unifi
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
  • iver versions including 22.70 & 22.80tem and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the Information, we are currently working on this request. The updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @MH-NZ

Here is some information that we need to continue:

• Just to confirm, you can use the 5GHz network and it is working properly but the channels 118-128 are missing? 
  • Is there any specific reason to use or need these channels?
  • You mentioned a temporary fix, please provide the specific model of the AP used and if you were able to make it work with a different AP, please provide the specific model too.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
MH-NZ
Beginner

Hi,

• 5Ghz WiFi works fine - except for the missing channels (I worked around the issue by avoiding those channels in my channel allocation plan)
  • I use all New Zealand valid 5Ghz channels in my AP channel allocations to ensure minimum interference etc
  • The temporary fix is to not use channels 118-128 in my channel allocation plan
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information. Channel availability is something that applies differently to every country due to country regulations, in addition, our Intel® Wireless adapters featuring Intel® DRS detect their own location and automatically configure the Wi-Fi to match it.

For more details about channel support, you can contact your AP manufacturer to configure the channels as per local availability.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos