Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz Hotspot issue

urbanweb
Beginner

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist.  I have recently purchased an MSI GE66 Raider.  The wireless card in this laptop is the 6E AX210 160mhz.   

I had the following issue out of the box, and also after completely removing all the drivers, and installing the latest 22.20.0.6 drivers.  

I can connect to 2.4 & 5ghz ap's with out issue.  I have tested on 3 different ap's, the main one being a tp-link AX3000 wi-fi 6 router. 

I am running Windows 10 home 64bt build 19042.804, completely up to date.   

The issue:

When I create a 2.4ghz hotspot, windows appears to allow it, but no devices can successfully connect.  When I try and create a 5ghz hotspot it will not let me.  I get "The selected network band isn't available.  Select a different band and try again."

I have left all the adapter settings as default, but have tried changing various, with no effect. 

At the request of MSI support, I followed their process for removal and re-install of the drivers, as well as updated the bios (it was already the latest). 

I also removed third party network tool Killer Control Center (only applies to ethernet control, but did it regardless). 

Any pointers, or assistance would be greatly appreciated - I really need the 5ghz hotspot working!

Many thanks,

Matt

urbanweb_0-1613043510268.png

0 Kudos
21 Replies
MacAllisterTech
Beginner

Intel,

I am frustrated with the Intel AX210 and believe this "wifi 6E" card is actually a wifi 6 card... The "new" features that bluetooth 5.2 offers are not usable, mainly the ability to hookup and listen to multiple speakers and listen to them all together.  So, not really bluetooth 5.2, because Intel has not made any software to support that functionality if the card can actually do so.  The cheap price is because of either false advertising or dead on arrival.  Information and support is limited and I believe the Intel AX210 will be littered with returns and complaints.  I can only broadcast on 2.4ghz and 5ghz = wifi 6.  To blame an OEM is ridiculous, either your card works or doesn't.  I would just rebrand the AX210 as wifi 6, with no support for bluetooth 5.2.  Seriously Intel, no 6.0ghz band on the card!  M.2 NGFF is M.2 NGFF on any motherboard, the ipex mhf4 antenna's should have been included with the product in my opinion as well.  It's frustrating to get excited about purchasing and upgrade which isn't.  It's basically an M.2 NGFF AX200.  Please inform me that I'm wrong or find a fix.

Thanks