Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wi-Fi Hotspot Issue Intel AX210

rameeznaqvi
Beginner

Hi Team,

I recently installed Intel Wifi 6E AX210 on my i5 11 Gen. The hotspot worked fine on driver version 12.150.x.x but after updating to 12.180.x.x, it stopped working. On my iPhone, the hotspot suddenly disconnects and there is a lot of hustle to reconnect. Moreover, the issue persits even after updating to newset 12.190.x.x. The hotspot disconnects after some time. It happens when its utilizing 802.11ax mode. On 802.11ac it buys more time but still disconnects. Kindly help.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  

3. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? What is the brand and model name of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop computer)?

4. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

5. Does it happen with both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

6. Are you having the issue with other phones?

7. Do you have any issues when connecting to a router/modem?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
rameeznaqvi
Beginner
  1. No, the original adapter was Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter.
  2. Yes BT works fine.
  3. Its a laptop.
  4. Its Dell Inspiron 15 3000, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz. 
  5. Windows 11 Pro,  Version 21H2, Installed on 9/‎10/‎2022, OS Build 22000.1335.
  6. Yes, it happens on both.
  7. Yes. Android and iOS both.
  8. Yes works fine while connected with modem/router.

Only Mobile hotspot issue.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to let you know that Intel does not support/advise replacing any of the original components from a laptop. This action is called "Integration" and any integration needs to be approved and checked with the manufacturer of the device (laptop, MAC, motherboard, tablet, etc). 

However, In order to help you please try the following:

1. Check for additional updates for Windows 11.

2. Try with the latest driver from Dell if the ones from Intel do not work.

If the previous steps did not work, try to get in contact with Dell to confirm that the BIOS and firmware of the laptop are compatible with the wireless adapter.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
rameeznaqvi
Beginner

Dear Deivid A, 

Hope you are fine doing well. Many people are having same issues with the hotspot. My system undoubtedly supports AX210. Just the drivers malfunctioning maybe which make certain features go frenzy. the issue did not resolve even after updating to 22.190.x.x

Here is a link to a recent thread with the same issue. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX210-Driver-22-180-x-x-problem-Mobile-hotspot-mode/td-p/1430493

I would request you to please take a look into this matter.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Beginner

Sorry to interrupt but am helping someone on the Dell site with this situation and just noticed something strange.

I have a Dell system (AX210) connected to the Router with the 6 GHz radio and the mobile hotspot is using the 5 GHz radio.  When I watch the Router for Receive and Transmit rates for Host system, they are around 2300 Mbps.  As soon as I enable the mobile hotspot on that system, the Receive rate drops to 6 Mbps but the transmit rate stays around 2300 Mbps.  

I do not know if this is related to any particular driver but maybe someone else could check their system.

I have a desktop with an AX411 and will be checking to see how it behaves. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
rameeznaqvi
Beginner

Hey bro,

Hope you are fine and doing well. Any updates? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Saltgrass,

While related, this is a separate issue and it should thus be tracked to resolution separately. Please open your own conversation for the discussion of this issue. Use the Post a Question button in the root of the Wireless forum (here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless) to start this conversation. 

Thanks,

...S

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Beginner

This is not a separate issue.  It is related to Dell systems and Hotspots.

I do not have an issue, just noticed something odd.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Whether related to Dell systems or hotspots matters not. It is a separate issue with separate symptoms and deserves a separate issue conversation. Hijacking someone else's conversation is not only rude but presumptuous.

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Thanks for your patience. In order to continue with the investigation I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is this only happening on Windows 10 or Windows 11?

2. Is this happening on specific wireless adapters?

3. Do you have some past examples reported to compare? We would like to see if there's any particular correlation between the operating system or network card or other environmental components.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
rameeznaqvi
Beginner

Hey bro, 

I am sorry I was away for a couple days. 

Well, I have not checked it on Windows 10. 

All the conditions are default. Like no specific correlation related to the WiFi adapter, windows or working environment. It's just my laptop is connected with ethernet and the disconnectivity starts on mobile phone starts once mobile hotspot is turned on. The issue is the same as described earlier. All values are default. Just Band preference selected to "6 Ghz". Even with this value set default makes no difference.

Like i am using mobile hotspot and suddenly WhatsApp or any other app stops working. My iPhone shows the WiFi connected sign next o battery but it's like no internet. As soon as I turn it off and on again, it starts working normally. This keeps happening.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Thanks for the response. I will proceed to continue with the investigation and I get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
rameeznaqvi
Beginner

Bro, 

It happens not just on my phone but with all other phones connected to this mobile hotspot. It stays connected a bit longer on 802.11 ac but when connected via 802.11 ax it runs out quickly. I am using iPhone 13 pro max. With other WiFi routers my iPhone never experienced such issues.  

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rameeznaqvi, 

Thanks for your patience. We tried to replicate the issue, however, we did not get the same results. 

This may indicate that the issue is related to the wireless card, we recommend you check with the laptop manufacturer to confirm any malfunction with the wireless card installed on their system.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos