Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

WiFi 6 AX200 doesn’t see WiFi, unless …

stuming
Beginner
Hi

The above card is in a PC I bought in March. It doesn’t see my 802.11ac capable network unless I limit the card to using 802.11b/g/n. Now I understand my network not support ax, but I can specifically disable ax in Device Manager and allow all the others, but it then doesn’t see the WiFi. Only by limiting it to b/g/n can I get any signal.

This seems wrong to me for a backward compatible device etc.

Anyone managed to solve this issue if they have seen it thenselves?

Stuart
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @stuming

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please confirm the following information?

1- Did the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 come pre-installed on the PC? Was it installed by the computer manufacturer (OEM) or did you integrate the wireless card on the computer?

2- Did the wireless connection work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the device?

3- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

4- Just to make sure we understand correctly when you say "The wireless doesn't see the network unless limiting it to b/g/n can I get any signal", do you mean you disable the ac and ax standards and the only ones available are the legacy ones b/g/n? Could you please provide details and if possible some screenshots on how and where you change/set these settings?

5- Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Maybe one that is AX compatible? Have you rebooted your access point, router, modem? Please provide details.

6- Is the issue happening with both Wireless bands? (2.4GHz and 5GHz?)

7- Router / Access point brand and model:

8- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello stuming

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello stuming

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos