WiFi Adapter is disabled (with wired connection) after update of Pulse Secure VPN software and will not auto enable after un-docking (disconnection from wired) without manual intervention.
*updated VPN client to newest release - issue continues (Version 5.2.3) (reverted to previous version of Junos Pulse - no issues)
*Keeping with v5.2.3; updated drivers for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 v.184.108.40.206
*Pulse support has no solution at this time
*Utilized information in link (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005972.html Learn How to Use Adapter Switching with Intel® PROSet/Wireless... ) to no avail.
Endusers (for lack of a better term) are not comfortable (again for lack of a better word) with manually making the connection after un-docking laptop
Looking for ideas/solution/a fix...anyone?
It's not simple to make a suggestion here, as it does seem likely that your issues are being caused by the VPN software. Our best recommendation would be to perform a clean installation of the wireless drivers/software.
- First you will need to uninstall the wireless driver from Device Manager, then the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from Programs and Features (discarding all stored settings).
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005756.html Uninstalling an Intel® WiFi Adapter Driver
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005587.html Uninstall Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
- Then you will proceed to install the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers. Preferably choosing the Custom installation mode, and selecting all available features.
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005634.html Downloads for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005564.html Installation Process for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
- Alternatively, you may perform a silent installation of the wireless software and drivers.
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005730.html Silent Installation of Intel® wireless drivers and software
- Finally, you will need to enable adapter switching once again.
Note: Even though we have provided the driver download links to our Download Center, it's always best to download the latest wireless drivers and software provided by your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html computer manufacturer. The driver versions we provide are generic versions that do not take into account customizations made by your OEM while integrating the adapter into your system.
We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you in a while. If your issue has been resolved, or you have additional questions, please let us know.