Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

WiFi driver gets disappeared

Prms
Beginner
Previously in my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ADA05 the wifi automatically gets disconnected.And while looking at the device manager it shows error in my WiFi driver, but after uninstalling driver and installing it again, it works again for a while and the same problem continues.I have tried all the method that I could.

I decided to go to the repair shop and l decided to let them check. They said there is a problem in a WiFi card so I replaced it with Intel dual band wireless ac-3165 , previously it was Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a. It works well but the problem is that whenever I used to turn on the laptop or restart,the WiFi driver gets disappear and after shutting down 2-4 times and reopen the laptop it again works. I'm just frustrated with the problem what should I do. 
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

Bear in mind that if you use a wireless card not approved by the manufacturer on your laptop it may present unexpected issues and may not work properly. However, in order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Do you still have the error at the device manager? IF so, which error code is it?

3. Have you checked with the drivers approved by Lenovo for this new wireless card?

4. Have you checked with Lenovo for instructions and advice?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Prms
Beginner

1. The error code in the device manager is 45

2. I haven't checked yet, How to approach to the Lenovo support team?

3. As Lenovo enlisted some OEM wifi card in their device lookup website, but those parts is not available in the market, so that's why i decided to choose Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3165 

Since the problem is still exists, So I just wanted to know actually which Intel wifi card supports to my device , for that should I send part number enlisted in the lenovo support website

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms, 

Thanks for the information provided. To help you further, please try the following:

1. Update your Windows version (latest 19044).

2. Update the wireless driver:

3. Update your BIOS version (E8CN34WW). You will need to check with Lenovo for instructions:

Also, bear in mind that the laptop manufacturer is the only one that can confirm which wireless cards are compatible with their BIOS and motherboard so you may need to check with Lenovo for compatible wireless cards.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Prms
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms, 

I do appreciate your response. However, can you confirm if you were able to try the recommendation from the post on ‎05-03-2022?

As a friendly reminder, these were the steps:

1. Update your Windows version (latest 19044).

2. Update the wireless driver:

3. Update your BIOS version (E8CN34WW). You will need to check with Lenovo for instructions:

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Prms
Beginner
I had tried all those but I'm sorry to say that the steps didn't work for me and the problem still exists.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms, 

Thanks for the confirmation, before we continue further I would like you to try the following:

1. Performed a cold reboot: This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.

2. Check with the Internet Service Provided for firmware updated for the router/access point.

3. If possible, disable SmartByte:

4. Change the Wireless channel on the router configuration page to channel 6.

5. Change Preferred Band to 2.4 GHz on the Intel® Wireless Card Advanced Settings:

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms,  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prms,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Also, I recommend you check this issue with the laptop manufacturer (Lenovo) for instructions and drivers.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos