Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

WiFi intel WiFi 6 ax201 160MHz status: not operational

Kaleb
Beginner

I have an intel core i7 10th gen HP. 

I was using my computer earlier with no connection issues. I got an alert for an update and when ahead and decided to click the update and shut down method. Upon reopening my computer, there are NO AVAILABLE INTERNET CONNECTIONS.

I am currently using the same house WiFi, except on my iPad Pro. AKA, it’s not my wireless router. My

ive tried the system reset suggestion multiple attempts. I’ve also attempted to uninstall the last few versions of the driver software with no luck. 

current latest details show: driver version 21.10.2.2 by Microsoft. This is after uninstalling the latest version, but still no luck!

Device status shows: this device cannot start (code 10).

please help..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kaleb, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. 

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer 
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the report(s) to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities. 

2. Can you provide the specific driver version that caused this problem? 

3. Do you remember if the driver update was the only change before the issue started? 

4. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

5. Is the Bluetooth feature working on your PC? 

Regards,

Sebastian M

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kaleb
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for reaching back out.

1. I was able to download and intel SSU via flash drive and save data you requested (detailed view).

2. It appears the driver version currently is 21.10.2.2

However, I had tried, prior to posting on this thread, to delete the newer updates after attempting system resets. 

3. YES, the update is the ONLY thing that appeared to cause this problem. 

4. I have performed NO hardware changes to this computer. Everything is original. (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz)

5. Bluetooth is also no longer working after the update either. 

I should also note, it won’t even let me hardwire my iPhone to the computer and use a local hotspot from it. 

Where do we go from here?

Thanks,

Kaleb

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Kaleb, I just received an update on this matter.

Please try a clean installation of the Intel® Wireless/Bluetooth driver version 22.20.0.0 following the instructions on the link below and once you get the chance, please let us know the results, test the Wireless driver first and then the Bluetooth one:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30121/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Kaleb, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JCurtis
Beginner

I am having the same issue on Surface Pro 7's and Surface Laptop 3's with the Intel(R) WIFI 6 AX201 160 MHz card - all machines are running 1909. This started over the last few days. I was able to resolve the issue by running updates on the LAN cable. Unfortunately, today that no longer works. I have two machines that have driver errors appearing in device manager. They say either, "device failed to start" or "was stopped because of a problem". On one machine, I restored the device to driver version 21.110.3.2 and the wireless is now working. The problem is that Intel doesn't provide an archive of drivers, and I cannot easily get an installer. I have about 200 machines that are ticking time bombs at this point. Can you please provide the older driver?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Kaleb, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. The Intel® Wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system. So, we recommend to get in contact directly with HP to gather the instructions to do a BIOS update to the latest version and to verify if they have a customized Wireless driver for your platform:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

JCurtis, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos