Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

WiFi package drivers 22.20.0 for the AX210/AX200/9000/8000 series Intel® Wireless Adapter

JOHNBI
Beginner
Version:
Release date:
January 12, 2021
Size:
22.58 MB
will NOT INSTALL
Message says: "Installation Has Completed Successfully" while the "In Process" notification continues to 'spin' for hours!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI,  

Thank you for your reply. 

The Intel DSA issues have been fixed with the new version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant  

I understood that your problem disappeared with as you mentioned "A check of the device software status using the Intel tool showed the device to be correctly updated. (Green Mark)", is that correct? 

If the issue is not resolved and you need more help, we would like to have the information we previously requested (Intel SSU and Intel DSA logs). If you are having issues getting this information, you may want to contact us directly so we can better assist you: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@7  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I presume that, by spin, you are referring to the display for the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) app. This has nothing to do with the actual installation of the Wireless (or associated Bluetooth) package(s), which is said installed successfully. When you see IDSA continue to spin after an install (or set of installs) completes, then just close the IDSA tab.

Now, if you restart IDSA (double click on its icon in the system tray), does it continue to spin or does it come to conclusion? If it continues to spin, then it is worth reporting - as a problem with IDSA, not a problem with the install it happened to be installing (sorry, I had to point that out).

In either case, it would probably be a good idea to respond and attach the IDSA log files to this response. To do so, do the following:

1. Close IDSA if you have it open in your browser.
  2. Open Task Manager, enable More Details and then Stop (End Task) processes DSAService and DSAUpdateService.
  3. Browse to folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
  4. Place all files in the Logs subfolder into a ZIP file.
  5. Drag this file from File Explorer into the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach box below the edit box for your response message. This uploads and attaches the ZIP file to the message.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JOHNBI
Beginner

That answer did nothing to address my problem. I used a Third-Party Software solution to update the driver and there are no further problems.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Can you confirm if the issue you originally reported is with Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) as previously mentioned by the community? 

3. If using Intel® DSA, please also provide: 

The Intel® DSA logs:   

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool logs: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

4. If you are not using Intel® DSA, are you using any other 3rd party tool instead? If yes, what is the name of that tool?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
JOHNBI
Beginner

I used “Driver Easy.”

The Intel tool kept saying I needed updates but the updates “Failed to Install”

I isolated the “Failed” update to the following device: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

I went to “Device Manager” in Windows 10 and “Uninstalled the Device”

Rebooted the Machine

The device re-installed, per Windows 10.

I ran “Driver Easy,” and the updated driver was installed.

A check of the device software status using the Intel tool showed the device to be correctly updated. (Green Mark)

The Intel System Support Utility is “Cumbersome,” to say the least. It is suited for “Techies” and not the low-level user.

The procedure for the DSA logs is (also) a nightmare. Most users don’t spend their days making zip files from ‘whatever.’

These steps are acceptable for software people, but 73-year-old retired Mechanical Engineers need a more user-friendly approach. (THAT should be the goal for the coder – the “end-user” ability).

The troubleshooting steps should be automated, including packaging and sending the logs/reports.

For my part, I am disappointed in the Intel response

From an “Original” DEC  packaging Engineer. (1973 thru 1989)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI,  

Thank you for your reply. 

The Intel DSA issues have been fixed with the new version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant  

I understood that your problem disappeared with as you mentioned "A check of the device software status using the Intel tool showed the device to be correctly updated. (Green Mark)", is that correct? 

If the issue is not resolved and you need more help, we would like to have the information we previously requested (Intel SSU and Intel DSA logs). If you are having issues getting this information, you may want to contact us directly so we can better assist you: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@7  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI,   

I can see that my previous post was marked as a solution for this thread. 

Could you please confirm if your issue is resolved already or if you need further support? 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JOHNBI,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
JOHNBI
Beginner

I have deleted ALL intel software FROM MY PC. This was done because my investigation discovered that QUEENCREEK and "other" Intel software was sending reports on my usage and computer system to Intel "to make things better". This was done WITHOUT my explicit consent. If Intel would like to use my computer for THEIR development they can pay me a monthly stipend. The days of "freebies" hiding under the guise of "helpful software" are over for me.

JOHN B.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@JOHNBI   Not saying that I disagree with you, but you likely did consent if you installed IDSA and accepted the Computing Improvement Program. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos