Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

WiFi problems after latest update (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)

Charles1
Beginner

After the latest update my WiFi disappeared and i couldn't connect to the internet. The WiFi was gone from Settings/Network&Internet. So I went into "Advanced Network Settings" and "Change Adapter Options" to find that the WiFi was still checked as "Enabled". I then disabled it and enabled it again and it started working. Now the problem is that I have to do this everytime I start the computer ever since that update.

Is there something I can do to not having to go through all these steps as I turn on the computer?

I remember the Dial Up ages so this is a minor inconvenience but still it shouldn't be like this.

Thanks for the help!

/Charles

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Charles1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. What is the model of your laptop or motherboard (desktop computer)?

3. Does this happen with the laptop/motherboard manufacturer drivers?

4. What is the Windows version and build?

5. Have you tried updating your BIOS?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Charles1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Charles1, 

I would like to let you know that the best thing to do is to use the drivers from the laptop/motherboard manufacturer and I recommend you to get in contact with them for further instructions and support. Also, make sure that you are using the latest drivers, BIOS and the network is configured properly.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Charles1
Beginner

Hi Deivid

The latest update seemed to have fixed the problem somehow. However it can still occur after I've put the computer in sleep mode.

Its a laptop, ASUS GL502VMK with Windows 10. 
Everything is up to date on the computer and this problem occurred after an update from Intel.

Now its just a minor issue but it can be a bit annoying sometimes. I hope future updates will solve it completely. 

Thanks for your time

Regards 

Charles

0 Kudos