Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

WiFi - "Can't Connect To This Network" - ASRock X570 Taichi

OJira
Beginner

Hello,

can you please help me resolve my Wi-Fi issue?

---

After new build (with motherboard ASRock x570 Taichi with onboard Intel® Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax adapter) I cant connect to any Wireles network. Even if i create hotspot from mobile data or another SSID. Every try ends with error "Can't Connect To This Network".

---

-I try A LOT OF youtube tutorials related to this error mesage - nothing works.

-I have WLAN enabled in bios.

-I try uninstal, reinstal WLAN drivers multiple times from ASRock and Intel. My actual driver ver. is 21.60.2.1

-My actual bios ver. is 2.70

-Win 10 ver. is 1909

-I try restart/reinstal Wifi router (Asus DSL N-16) hardware and software multiple times. From call with internet provider everything works just fine. (Other devices ntb, phone works.)

-I have disable ipv6 and Wireles frequency sets on 2,4Ghz 802.11b/g

-Antena is screwed properly

(Ethernet and bluetooth works fine!?! - so anthena is probably ok? I can eaven see all SSID around include my Wifi but I cant make any connection.)

---

STRANGE THINGS: Twice I have managed to connect to the WiFi.

1) First time: if I change frequency to only 2,4Ghz 802.11b, but conection was to slow and after system restart it is disconnect with error - "Can't Connect To This Network". (In this time a have driver 21.00.5 I think...) and its not working again.

2) Second time: When I have instaled latest driver 21.60.2.1 it suddenly pop on and connect to my Wifi and works full speed for about 2 hours. Then suddenly disconect and again... "Can't Connect To This Network". I was browsing googlemaps while it was stopped again.

Then I try to restore WIN to the previous point in time. And I found there was a point in the exactly time when Wifi stopped working (point name was something like: Intel wireless install ...) so I think it must do something in the background. But it could been me with new driver instal and there was only displayed wrong time...

I have suspicious feeling that the problem is related to windows registry, or something like this... I also try to fix registry errors, but nothing works. I also try another system drive with different WIN and the problem was the same.

---

I dont know what to do with this, has anyone any idea what is wrong?

Thank you very much !!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Which WiFi module, AX200 or AX201/201?

0 Kudos
OJira
Beginner

Hi Scott, thank you for reply. I have "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" module.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I bought a bunch of these AX200 cards and installed them into a pair of Desktop PCs (using M.2-to-PCIe+USB adapter cards) and into an Intel NUC. In all cases, the Wireless support seems to be working just fine (though I only have Wireless-AC routers to test with). I am watching for these issues occurring.

In the meantime, Intel Customer Support needs to start looking into all of these slowdown sightings and diagnose what the problem is..

...S

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello OJira,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

• Are you still experiencing issues?
  • Just to confirm is this a new Wireless card integration?
  • Was it working properly before?
  • Do you see any error code in device manager?

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
OJira
Beginner

Hello Adrian and thank you for reply.

• Yes. I still eyperiencing this issue.

• This is not external Wi-Fi card. I have new motherboard ASRock Taichi X570 with build in WiFi module from Intel.

• No. It wasnt working properly before. But twice I have managed to connect to the WiFi. Via 1) and 2) from my first post. Now WiFi doesnt work at all. If i want to connect to any SSID -> clicking connect -> loading -> error mesage: Can't Connect To This Network...

• No. In device manager is everything fine. Ther is displayed properly instaled driver "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz".

I ran SSU as you said and in the attachment is result of scaning.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello OJira,

Thank you for your reply.

I was checking the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report and it seems the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 wireless card is not being detected by the operating system, however, I would like to get some screenshots from the device manager to check how the Wireless card appears right there. 

Based on all the troubleshooting you have performed like clean driver installation with the drivers from ASRock and Intel® Drivers ''generic'', BIOS up to date, Windows build 1909 up to date, disable ipv6 and Wireless frequency sets on 2,4Ghz 802.11b/g, restart/reinstall Wifi router (Asus DSL N-16), make sure the antenna is screwed properly and since it has not been working properly, I would also check with the system manufacturer of your motherboard about the warranty of this Wireless card since this is pre-build system (Bundle) it might be defective.

I can see the motherboard has 2 antenna ports so make sure that both antennas are connected properly, so the one for Bluetooth and the one for wireless on the right port.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
OJira
Beginner

Hello and thank you for your time. I bought a new motherboard and now is ok. The previous motherboard is probably damaged from factory and I will claim warranty.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello OJira,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to know that with the new motherboard you got it working fine.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos