Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

WifI M.2 Chipmodule Compatibility for Z270 Chipset

Exodusol
Beginner

Hello i want to install a WiFI M.2 Module in to my Asus MAXIMe IX Hero MB.

for an i7-7gen CPU. What Wifi caqrds are compatible ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, first of all, you need to make a decision regarding what level of WiFi support you want. The best available is support for WiFi 6E (and Wireless-AX). You can also look at WiFi 6 (which is also Wireless-AX) or step down to WiFi 5 (and Wireless-AC). Frankly, the prices of these cards is so close together that I would say go for the best, even if you cannot initially use all of the abilities provided. The standard card Intel offers with WiFi 6E support is the AX210.

I scoured your motherboard's web page but could find no mention of any support for WiFi. What this means is that you will need to (also) purchase a PCIe x1 daughter card that provides this support.

All that said, here is an example of a complete package that provides the Intel AX210 WiFi 6E card, the PCIe daughter card and antennas: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NVR8M8X.

Note the following:

1. The PCIe daughter cards require that they be installed in a PCIe x1 slot. You cannot install them in PCIe x4/x8/x16 slots. Your motherboard has two of these PCIe x1 slots; I hope that one of them is available
  2. In order to make use of the Bluetooth capability, the PCIe daughter cards come with a cable that you will need to connect to one of the motherboard's internal USB 2.0 connectors. You have only two of these connectors on your motherboard; I hope that one of them is available.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Exodusol,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos