Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Wifi 6 AX 200

Allenli
Beginner

I have recently bought a Asus mother board with build in Intel Wifi 6 AX200. I have difficulty with connecting my 5G router. The downloading speed is limited to 54 Mbps and after checking the setting, I found out that it can only connect using 802.11a. I have subsequently updated the Intel driver but still could not connect using 802.11ac. If I changed my router to only 802.11ac, then the wifi card could not connect with the router at all.

My router only provide channel width up to 80MHz, i don't know whether this had anything to do with this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Allenli

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are trying to connect using the 802.11ac standard. Regarding your concerns about this behavior, please first review and set the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200.

Also, please check the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings and apply the following settings:

• 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode change to > VHT mode or 802.11ac to enable 802.11ac data rates.
  • Channel width change to > Auto (default). For band 5GHz, this setting uses 20/40/80/160 MHz depending on the wireless access point or router.

If the issue persists, please provide the following details:

1. How are you monitoring/measuring the speed? Please provide details and screenshots from some speed tests.
  2. Router / Access point model:
  3. Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the laptop and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).
  4. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details.
  5. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Allenli

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Allenli

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Also, if the issue persists and since this is a recently bought Asus motherboard with a built-in Intel wireless card, our recommendation is to contact ASUS* support for further assistance and debugging from their side. Here is their support contact link: Official Support ASUS* Global*

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos