Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Wifi AC 8260 lässt sich nicht installieren. Angeblich "Installation erfolgreich abgeschlossen", dann wieder "Installation fehlgeschlagen"

IBran1
Beginner

Ich habe ein gebrauchtes HP 820 G3 gekauft, der Vorbesitzer hat es zurückgesetzt und jetzt funktioniert das Wlan nicht mehr. Laut Gerätemanager braucht der Netzwerkadapter einen neuen Treiber (Wifi 21.70.0 Driver32 Win10) ich habe ihn zwar gefunden, aber wenn ich ihn installiere, ändert sich nichts, auch nach Neustart.

Ich habe schon geprüft, dass ich die richtige Version habe, und nach der Installation steht da auch "erfolgreich abgeschlossen". Beim Intel Assistenten steht danach dann allerdings "Installation fehlgeschlagen", aber nicht, warum.

Ich habe schon verschiedenes versucht: Treiber automatisch installieren oder von Hand, Gerät deinstallieren, Bios aktualisieren. Was kann ich noch tun, um das Wlan zum laufen zu bringen? (Es wird in den Netzwerkeinstellungen gar nicht angezeigt, im Gerätemanager steht der Netzwerkcontroller bei "andere Geräte" mit einem Ausrufezeichen und dem Hinweis:

Die Treiber für dieses Gerät wurden nicht installiert. (Code 28)

Es sind keine kompatiblen Treiber für dieses Gerät vorhanden.)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

IBran1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in HP's web site and the Intel® Wireless driver listed in there is version 21.60.0.5 Rev.P, please test that driver and once you get the chance please let us know the results, please select the "Driver - Network" tab:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-820-g3-notebook-pc/7815289

Just to let you know, the fact that the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 card is not showing in "Device Manager" most of the times, it indicates that there could be a hardware problem with it.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello IBran1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IBran1
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. Actually, someone else solved the problem for me, so I am not sure what exactly it was, but I don't need further assistance, thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello IBran1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem was solved and now the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 card is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos