Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Wifi Networks founded but not showed. AC 8260 in NUC6i7KYK

JRome13
Beginner

I've yet installed the driver latest version for AC-8260 recommended from your assistant helper. Windows says there are Wi-FI but it doesn't show anything!!wifierror.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRome13, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to recommend a clean wireless driver installation, this will include removing the current driver completely and then install the latest one for the Intel ® NUC. Also, I would like to take the BIOS settings back to default, this can be done by accessing the BIOS by pressing "F2" during post and once inside, press "F9" to take the settings back to default, after that you can save and exit. For the wireless driver re-installation, please refer to the steps noted in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Note: For step one, please download the latest driver validated for your Intel ® NUC: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28444/Intel-Wireless-Technology-Based-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kits?product=89187 Once this has been done, please test the WiFi again and see if the networks are showing, if not, please provide me with a System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JRome13
Beginner

I didn't work. I did a clean reinstallation of the two drivers (bluetooth and WI-FI) after removal all two. I restore bios at the default state. I sent you the report from System Support Utility. It seems that the number of the Wi-Fi driver at the control panel ( 20.70) doesn't correspond with driver installation (20.90).

Today I discovered another issue. When I plug a SD card at the SR reader the computer shows a blue screen with "INTERNAL_POWER-ERROR" and it starts to reinitiate until I remove the SD card.

Maybe a solution could be to do a fresh windows installation and restarts all the process from zero?

Thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRome13, Thank you for your response. Trying to re-install the operating system could fix problems like this, but keep in mind that it may not fix them so ONLY proceed with the re-installation if you are able to back-up your data in a drive. You can get a fresh Windows* image from the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * You can download the tool to create a bootable USB device. I am currently investigating the report you have sent me, if you proceed with the re-installation let me know the outcome. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JRome13
Beginner

I've just reinstall Windows 10 and that didn't solve the issue. The list of wi-fi ssid is void. Cold be a hardware problem? I've also tried with two live distributions of linux (Ubuntu and Linux mint) and they can't find any wi-fi network. At the same place with a portable computer or with a smartphone I can see 8 SSID o more. I'm waiting for your help.

Thanks a lot in advance

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRome13, Thank you for your response. I have sent you a private message so we can discuss some information of your system. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos