Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wifi card disabled

Rudy1
Beginner

Hello,

I am having problems with my INTEL wifi card.
When I plug a docking station on the PC, the wifi card is deactivated and the service is uninstalled.

When I unplug the docking station, the service installs again and the service starts which activates the wifi card.

The problem I have is that at times the wifi does not reactivate.

I would like to know how to make sure that the WIFI is not deactivated when connecting a docking station.

It was possible on Windows 7 to create a package to disable this feature and push it to the station but I can not find the software compatible for Windows 10.

I have tested several docking stations and I have the problem on several computers.

description of the computer on which I perform the tests :

Dell Latitude 7300

Wifi card : Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

Windows 10 21H1

Thanks for your help,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Rudy1

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information

• Did this combination work before? If it did, when did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Did you test different laptop / docking station models or are they all the same?
  • Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Rudy1
Beginner

Hi David,

• Did this combination work before? If it did, when did it start to happen?

The problem has always been present on this computer

• Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

Yes, it's a new computer. On a fleet of 1000 computers I must have about 30 computers impacted. Unfortunately they are not all the same model and I can't find the common point except the hardware.
I have an open ticket with the manufacturer too.

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

If you are talking about the wifi card, it is the original one.

• What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?

I unplug the set from the docking station and plug it back in.
1/10 about the wifi card does not reactivate

• Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

I tested old and new drivers

• Did you test different laptop / docking station models or are they all the same?

As mentioned above, I have the problem on several computers but not necessarily the same model.
I use for my tests a DELL Latitude 7300, but on my second computer I do not have the problem.

For the docking stations, I tried two different models and a simple USB/ETH adapter and the problem remains

• Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

I have attached the result of the scan

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Please try the newest driver released and let us know if the issue persists:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Rudy1
Beginner

Hello David,

Sorry for the delay.

The problem remains the same with the last driver.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,

Rudy D.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, in this case it's recommended that you keep working with the manufacturer of the system. We have not seen this issue reported before so we can discard an issue with the drivers/wireless card, you can also try going to Microsoft for further recommendations. If this is a work environment, it's also recommended that you consult or check with IT the network configuration.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos