Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashstyles
Novice

Wifi connection error?

Hi, From last night when I try to connect my laptop with my home wifi it shows an error. At the start, it took time to connect but last night it disturbed me. I restart the device done a new window but all efforts are failed.  I don't what happen. I have an intel core i3 2nd generation. I don't have much money to buy a new one. kindly help me in solving the issue. 
I am looking for great responses. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It sounds to me like your laptop received an update from Windows Update and this update has screwed something up. Disconnect the laptop from the Internet, uninstall the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers reboot and then reinstall the drivers.
Hope this helps,
...S
Ashstyles
Novice

Thanks, Scott, I will try this too and hope for a positive response.
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ashstyles, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I am just wondering if the steps previously offered by the community helped you with your inquiry? If not, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. What is the error message shown when trying to connect to the internet? 

3. Do you recall if there were any changes made before the issue started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ashstyles,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Ashstyles,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M