Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Will WPA3 be certified on existing AC 8265 / 8260 / 7265 / 7260 NICs?

tverd2
Beginner

WPA3 is currently certified on the AC 9260 NIC.    Does WPA3 require this newer hardware, or will it also be certified and available on the older AC NICs ? ​

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello tverd2 and n.scott.pearson Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Allow me to share with you that WAP3 is not supported on the wireless adapter that you have motioned and no certification applies to them for future references. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just my opinion, but I rather doubt that Intel will go back and certify this on discontinued NIC products. That said, if their standard Wireless engine is updated with support, it may just work on these older Wireless NICs.

...S

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello tverd2 and n.scott.pearson Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Allow me to share with you that WAP3 is not supported on the wireless adapter that you have motioned and no certification applies to them for future references. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello everybody Was this information helpful for your inquires? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tverd2
Beginner

Yes, that clarifies it, Thank you for the reply, Leonardo

0 Kudos