Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 Bluetooth audio skipping music

sbaji
Beginner

I got a new WIndows 10 laptop recently, and connected it on my LG Bluetooth Soundbar. Paired well, however, every two minutes or so, the music skips ~500ms of content , like it just jumps forward. What might be causing this? I don't experience the issue on notebook speakers playback.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

srgb,

Intel recommends that you check with your computer manufacturer in order to obtain the latest drivers: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Which wireless adapter do you have installed in this computer? Is it the original one installed by factory?

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

Intel update software fetched the latest drivers - I'm running 18.3. The adapter is Intel AC 7265, which came with the laptop. Laptop is HP Envy late 2015.

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

Update: sound normalizes when I disconnect from WiFi network. I expect there's some kind of overlap here? I tried plugging in another bluetooth device (mouse), but there was no interference. seems like only wifi / bluetooth channels?

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

scratch that. even with wifi off, the bluetooth audio stream is choppy.

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

My latencies normalize when I uninstall Intel AC 7265 device. During playback, the stream gets choppy on irregular intervals. In example, it can play for 5 minutes without any problems, but then it can start chopping so much that it's impossible to recognize the song. Or it can simply skip a beat every 30 secs or so. see here for latency charts: http://superuser.com/questions/1022527/bluetooth-audio-choppy-playback wireless networking - Bluetooth audio choppy playback - Super User

0 Kudos
TFrei3
Beginner

hi,

i do have the same problem with a NUC5i3RYH running Windows 10 64bit and Bose SoundLink Mini 2.

When streaming audio (e.g. from youtube-videos) via bluetooth it skips in irregular intervals. In times the audio skips audio and video going massive out of sync. Streaming bluetooth-audio from android phone to this speaker works perfectly fine.

I've installed latest drivers from intel (BT_Win10_64_17.1.1532.1814). I've also updated the Soundlink Mini 2 to its latest firmware.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Freiheit srgb

We have recently come up with driver version 18.40.0 for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. and it can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 File name: Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe, size: 101.43 MB.

The latest Bluetooth* drivers for this adapter can also be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25325/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-Technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology for Windows® 10 64-bit

Please perform a clean uninstall to the point that the system will no longer recognize it and then install them from the links above.

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

thanks aleki, will give it a try

0 Kudos
TFrei3
Beginner

aleki_intel

Thank you very much for your quick response.

For me the new drivers didn't fix it.

I uninstalled the intel bluetooth software and removed bluetooth and wireless drivers in the windows device manager, rebooted and then installed the new drivers you linked above.

Do I have to do more steps fo "clean uninstall to the point that the system will no longer recognize it"? The bluetooth device stayed unrecognized after removing the drivers but the wifi reappeared automatically. I guess windows itself provided drivers for that device..!?

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

srgb Freiheit,

Intel recommends to contact the computer manufacturer first in order to obtain the latest drivers. On the other hand and as a second option, we have recently released the latest driver version (18.16.0) for Bluetooth*. For your convenience, here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25840/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 - Please let us know if this new version helped you to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
TFrei3
Beginner

aleki_intel

Thank you very much. The driver version 18.16.0 from your link above solved it, and as far as I can see it's working perfectly fine now!

0 Kudos
TFrei3
Beginner

aleki_intel

Iam sorry to tell, but that audio skipping isn't solved as I thought. After after some days it is as problematic as it was before. The audio (in my case from youtube-videos) stutters and skips without any pattern or errors I could see.

Without success I've tried again to solve it by removing and reinstalling the bluetooth driver you mentioned above. As I have a NUC 5i3RYH and Intel is the manufacturer I hope you can help me any further with that. Besides the Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Iam using a Sony Wireless Keyboard CECH-ZKB1DE that is connected as well.

0 Kudos
sbaji
Beginner

Still choppy. Disabling wifi improves it (doesn't solve it but makes it considerably better). This is quite a serious issue - I'm really surprised that will all the resource Intel has, the company is not able to address this. I'm more than happy to provide systematic feedback to dev teams. But I have a feeling this is at the bottom of backlog.

0 Kudos
cliv
Beginner

I had a similar issue (with Wireless-AC 9560, but driver update also applies 7265). A new update (21.90.2) came out on 5/20/2020 and it solved my problem.

• Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Package version = 21.90.2
  • Driver version 21.90.2.1: For Windows® 10 using AX201, AX200, 9560, 9462, 9461, 9260
  • Driver version 21.90.0.4: For Windows® 10 using 8260, 18260, 8265, 18265
  • Driver version 20.100.6.4: For Windows® 10 using 3168, 3165, 7265, 17265

From release notes:

On some systems with certain Bluetooth headsets, the audio may come out discontinuously while streaming video online over Wi-Fi.

It got much better with installing new Bluetooth driver, but also had to install the corresponding WiFi one to completely solve the issue.

0 Kudos