Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Windows 10 Creators Update 7260 AC WIFI Dropping

DUlti
Beginner

Recently did a fresh install of Win10 on a new drive (SSD boot drive), updated to the latest Intel ProSet Software (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26653/eng/Wireless_19.50.1_PROSet64_Win10.exe Wireless_19.50.1_PROSet64_Win10.exe) immediately. WIFI would start dropping within minutes. A Disable/Enable of WIFI would work, sometimes. Toggling Airport Mode would also work. But sometimes it would just hang. When in the middle of browsing, the browser would freeze, and the WIFI would show "Connect, No Internet", but that was false because no other WIFI in the area would show up (like usual). System would not stay connected long enough to download, much-less reinstall drivers. The only thing that would work, would be a complete uninstall of the ProSet software AND uninstall device (within Device Manager), and reboot. This would install the stock drivers (17.15.0.5 - 2/22/20015) drivers, which so far have been working fine. I'm afraid to "Update Driver" in the device Properties, or re-install the 19.50.1 version of the PROSet software/drivers.

I'd prefer to be on the latest drivers, and if there are any logs or System Logs I can share, let me know. The main errors I see on Event Viewer are NETwNb64, NDIS, and WLAN-AutoConfig related.

Cut and pasted as follows:

Log Name: System

Source: NETwNb64

Date: 5/10/2017 12:00:23 AM

Event ID: 5007

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: EMIRIKOL10

Description:

The description for Event ID 5007 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP2

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Event Xml:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x80000000000000

System

EMIRIKOL10

\Device\NDMP2

0000080002003800000000008F1300600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004D4D41438E1F0000

and

Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS

Date: 5/10/2017 12:00:47 AM

Event ID: 10400

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: N/A

Description:

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 4 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Event Xml:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x2000000000000000

System

EMIRIKOL10

{20AB0971-8EE1-46E3-9DD7-1E3C92E30891}

and

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig

Date: 5/10/2017 12:01:34 AM

Event ID: 4003

Level: Warning

Keywords: (536870912)

User: SYSTEM

Description:

WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.

Recovery Type: 4

Error Code: 0x0

Trigger Reason: 12

IP Family: 4

Event Xml:

<a class="jive-link-external-small" href=" re...

13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ReverendDak,

We understand that the wireless connection of your PC is dropping after the Windows® 10 Creators Update. Here are some items for your consideration about this:

- As first option, we recommend to obtain the driver from your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support. The Windows* inbox driver or the Generic one from our download center may not work well in some configurations.

- If you notice any network problems, you can use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26782/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10-?product=75439 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10* [19.60.0]. Please remove Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from Windows* programs and uninstall the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 from Device Manager prior to installing the new driver.

- Also, confirm with the Computer Manufacturer Support if you are using the updated/recommended BIOS for your computer.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
PMova
Beginner

Hello Jonathan,

Seems that also the latest Intel drivers (19.60) are behaving the same. My Wireless-ac 7260 card is frequently disconnecting to no-network available after random time intervals. Behaviour started as in previous post, right after Windows 10 Creators Update (1702).

In order to save you time and words below is what me and others have tried already (link also from Microsoft forums)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-issues-with-creators-update/4a20ba4f-33dc-4397-9823-e12dcb2607ba WiFi issues with Creators Update - Microsoft Community

- fresh reinstall system - did twice!

- decrease MTU to 1400 - done, no fix

- disable RSC adapter - not available in my case

- install latest driver, with removal of oldest drivers first and restart in-between - did that for 19.40, 19.50, 19.60 - done, no fix

- install latest driver from Manufacturer site - HP has drivers one generation behind latest Intel - did also that - no fix

- roll-back to 17.15.0.5 - only temporary fix, Windows 10 tries each morning to change it back to 18.33.6.2...

Seems that the issue is present not only on 7260 but also to some 7265, 8260 and 8265 adapters...

What is the solution?

What needs to be done in order to have a fix?

PS. My system - HP Revolve 810 G2, Core-i7 with Intel Wireless-ac 7260, Windows 10 Enterprise 1702 (Creators Update) with all updates up-to-date.

I work in IT so there is no point to start me from the basics.

Yours,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pmovanu,

Please make sure that the BIOS in your PC is up to date, also you might want to check with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support for recommendations about this.

For further assistance, please let us know the following:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection work fine and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Was this adapter built from factory with your PC?

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
PMova
Beginner

Hello Jonathan,

Yes, I have the latest BIOS.

Yes, I tested also the latest drivers from my manufacturer support, HP, with no fix.

What's next?

0 Kudos
PMova
Beginner

Just a quick update.

After this issue started, HP removed from their support site the drivers for WiFi for my system model, it looks like the system has no supported WiFi

Seems like they do not want to take responsibility for this issue...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pmovanu,

In this case, we advise you to engage https://support.hp.com/us-en/ HP Support and get their input about this.

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Additionally, you can get the SSU log and access point information requested before and we will be glad to review it.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
KDeru
Beginner

Hi,

I made an account just to thank you for this post.

My hp envy DV7 was upgraded with this dual 7260 wifi card and ran smooth for the first month on windows 10 home, then all of the sudden it stopped working fine.

I could only have it working a few websites after restarting my wifi on the laptop.

resetting DNS, reinstalling the latest drivers, non worked.

Only youtube seemed to work in Chrome , other browsers just went bonkers.

To solve it for me, I reinstalled version 17.15 as you said and disabled automatic update/search for driver.

Did this by going to configuration screen>> system>> advanced hardware... ( sorry my settings are in dutch, so google it).

So once again, thanks for posting it here ;-)

Regards,

K

idata
Employee

Hello K,

We are glad to know the issue was solved with the actions mentioned in this thread. We are sure that the additional information you provided will be very helpful for other users as well.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
PMova
Beginner

Saddly but the issue is not solved.

1. I cannot provide you with logs of the connection because my computer is Domain Joined and the main issues are with corporate network and I cannot share this info.

2. My IT is out of the scope, they do not understand what is happening, their only solution is to use a cable connection...

As far as I know:

- disconnection and network blocks appear mostly in networks with EAP at Domain Joined computers using 7260, 8260, 8265 ac WiFi cards

- issues do not appear first, it takes them a couple of minute to broke the connection

- WiFi card has numerous attempts of mDNS and SSDP queries (quote my IT) "I still see mdns and ssdp queries from your device for every minute, which is odd." - no such services are running... there is no malware infection, there are no installed applications that use that services

- even with the 17.05 - 2015 driver, issues appear less frequently (twice or 3 times per day) with similar anomalies.

problem with the 17.05 driver is that my internal IT application is switching it back to 18.33.6 or 18.33.7 silently every day so I have a constant fight of rolling back and forth...

Please find a solution, Microsoft will not help on this ( I have a similar thread on Microsoft forums and they are throwing the guilt on manufacturer or drivers... )

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pmovanu,

In this case, we advise to try using the Windows* inbox drivers, or you can attempt with the ones provided by your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support. Be sure to disable the automatic updates as explained by other users.

If the computer is managed by a system administrator, or the issue is mainly with an enterprise network, then we strongly advise you to work on this with your local IT team.

Keep in mind that if you cannot provide the logs publicly, then you (or the system administrator) can https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support, and engage your nearest support center. You will be able to create a case and work directly with a support representative.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
foux
Novice

same problem on Lenovo T450, Wireless-AC 7265 with W8.1.. and when loss wifi connectivity, I loss bluetooth connection in same time.

0 Kudos
Hessu
Beginner

I know this is old thread but it looks like I've found the solution for this.

v. 17.**** drivers doesnt have this issue. v.18.*** and newer have a lot of problems with 7260 (like a diconnecting etc).

So, just download the older driver (17.15.0.5) and it should work normally without any disconnecting issues.

0 Kudos
MEgas
Beginner

Hi all,

Like many of you I spent countless hours messing around with multiple versions of drivers, removing and installing, going to the HP support site for my laptop, etc, etc. Then all the sudden decided to disable the LAN drivers, and then the WiFI stayed on. As soon as I enable the LAN driver (I217-LM) then WiFi goes off. My driver versions: AC 7260: 17.15.0.5, but I also tried the newer version, all the way to 18.33.17.1 My LAN driver version: 12.17.8.7 from 9/29/2017 , but I also tried the latest versions. Intel has a compatibility issue with the LAN card and the WiFi.

0 Kudos