Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

sourabh11
Beginner

I have a Windows 10 laptop with an Intel AC 8265 WiFi card. I have loaded the latest driver (Ver 20.70.4.2).

When I enable the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot feature, it shows 0 of 8 connections. I can connect to my laptop from both my iPhone and iPad, but in both cases the connection hangs with a "No Internet" status. In addition, the laptop does not show any connections to the hotspot.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. While you are connecting your iPhone to the your Laptop Hotspot, is your laptop connected to internet?
  2. If your Laptop is connected to internet with LAN, you should enable in Laptop Hotspot settings: "Share my internet connection from" Ethernet.
  3. If your Laptop is connected to internet with WiFi , you should enable in Laptop Hotspot settings: "Share my internet connection from" WiFi.
  4. In addition you should choose (in both cases) if you want to share the internet connection from Hotspot over WiFi or over Bluetooth (depends of the type of connection you have connected your Laptop to iPhone/iPad.

Leon

0 Kudos
sourabh11
Beginner

Laptop is connected to internet via Ethernet. Laptop hotspot setting are set to share internet from the same Ethernet.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

How are you connected to iPad during hotspot sharing?

Leon

hotspot.png

0 Kudos
sourabh11
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
sourabh11, I just wanted to check if you need further assistance on this matter or if the problem got resolved? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
sourabh11, Is there anything else we can help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos