Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Windows 10 and Intel 4965agn not working correctly?

DEple
Beginner

This is for those of you with an Intel 4965 Wireless Adapter that have downloaded Windows 10 and find that the adapter will not connect unless you troubleshoot it, to reset the adapter, This fix works until the machine goes to sleep or you shut it down, and then you do it all over again. I tried getting information from Microsoft. I tried DELL. I tried Intel. I looked all over the internet. I tried to find a replacement card I could buy that would work in my upgraded Latitude D830. Neither DELL nor Intel would help with that either. Anyway, somewhere along the line I ran across a user who suggested that one open the device manager, click network adapters, select the Intel 4965agn, click on the power management tab, and UNCHECK the box that allows windows to shut off the adapter to save power. I can't believe it, but it seems to be working for me. Such a simple fix. Too bad neither Microsoft, DELL, nor Intel will share it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

dEpley,

Thanks for sharing what works for you. We are sure this will also help other customers facing the same issue. However, it is important that you know that the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN is not supported on systems running Windows*10. Unfortunately there are no drivers to suport this adapter on this OS and we don't have any information if this will change in the future. We advise to always contact the computer manufacturer first. For your convenience we are adding here the list of computer manufacturer: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support

MDur
Beginner

Hello Aleki,

>We advise to always contact the computer manufacturer first

Who wil reply "please contact Intel as they are the guys who provide the drivers"...

>Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN is not supported on systems running Windows*10

It's too bad, especially when the driver in fact do work with some specific configuration. The only "official" alternative is to buy again and again new devices. When will it stop...? When the seas will be full of our dust ?

I agree with dEpley that Intel should share the information he wrote : it would cost nothing to Intel, and would help people (and the planet) a lot...

0 Kudos