Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Windows 8.1 WiMax N 6150

ARowl
Beginner

I have a WiMax N 6150 wireless adapter in my Samsung Series 7 notebook. I updated to Windows 8.1 and since then have been experiencing wireless connection problems on all wireless networks. I've tried to update the driver, but it says it is up to date. I need help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sumer_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Drew,

I am looking into finding you a specific answer. In the mean time, you may want to check out our support community. It seems you are not alone with this issue! /community/tech/intel_widi https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/intel_widi

More to come!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem.... I also tried everything and nothing... I think it may need a driver update specific for this case.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

At this moment the wireless adapter is using a Microsoft* inbox driver since we have not yet released a compatible driver for Windows* 8.1. We will keep you updated about future releases through the /community/tech/wireless Intel® Wireless Networking Community.

0 Kudos
JWong22
Beginner

I still have this problem. I have temporarily "fixed" it by going into the device manager and disabling 802.11n on the adapter and all the problems seem to go away. It seems the adapter itself is still using a Microsoft Inbox Driver. I can't seem to find an intel one online anywhere. Is there one?

0 Kudos