Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 8, 7260-AC and Cisco - possible fix

JInns
Beginner

If you, like me, have issues with frequent disconnects on Windows 8 on Cisco WLANs, you may try disabling Fast Roaming and Radio Management Support under Cisco Options in PROSet. With those enabled my Windows 8 with Intel 7260-AC Dual Band couldn't keep a ping going for more than 60 seconds (Windows 7 puzzlingly don't seem to have an issue either way). With them unchecked I could walk around the office, roaming between 6 different WAPs, without skipping a ping. YMMV.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for sharing this information. It may be useful for other users with enterprise security.

The option Allow Fast Roaming (CCKM) is not enabled by default.

0 Kudos
JInns
Beginner

It actually was enabled in the driver bundle I downloaded from Dell for the Latitude E7240. For other models I've noticed that those options are deselected by default, so might have been a slip-up for that particular download only.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hmmm..... Intel's ProSet software bundle has "Cisco Options"???

I don't currently have proset installed, so can't check that.

0 Kudos
JInns
Beginner

It does - but they only appear as configurable options under each wireless profile if you are connected to a Cisco network (or WPA2-Enterprise - not sure what triggers it).

0 Kudos