Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Windows10のモバイルホットスポットで5Ghz帯が選択できない

peri136
Beginner

M2 wi-fiにAX201を接続し使っています。https://www.intel.co.jp/content/www/jp/ja/support/articles/000029083/network-and-io/wireless.html

こちらを参考にPCを5Ghz帯Wi-fiでルーターに接続し、モバイルホットスポットを5Ghz帯で作成しようとすると「選択したネットワーク帯域は利用できません。別の帯域を選択してからやり直してください。」と表示され作成できません。

2.4Ghz帯ではモバイルホットスポットを作成できており、上記のURLに記されている要件も満たしているかと思います。調べた限りでは5Ghz帯でモバイルホットスポットが作成できないのはAX201に限らず起こっている現象のようです。

SSUで作成したログを添付しておきます。なにか見落としてる点など確認して頂ければ幸いです。

よろしくお願いします。

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate. 

I would like to check this behavior internally in order to confirm some information, please kindly wait for a response.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,  

Thank you for waiting. 

Our recommendations will be to check with your motherboard manufacturer for any limitations on their site. 

On the other hand, this may be related to your region's limitation or the features of your router/AP, you should check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the router/AP manufacturer for more information.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
peri136
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for writing in a non-English language. I will describe it in English, but I am using a translation tool, so it may not be accurate.

I'm currently living in Japan, where 5Ghz wifi is allowed indoors.
There are no restrictions on the M2 Wifi slot on the motherboard, and I have an 802.11ac 5Ghz connection to the router with an AX201.
I'll have to repost this.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029083/network-and-io/wireless.html
It says here that you can use a 5Ghz hotspot by connecting to an AP on an approved 5Ghz channel, so I think you meet the requirements.
Is there anything that I am missing? Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,  

Thanks for the response. 

Please allow me to double-check this internally, once again as soon as we have an update we will share it on this thread.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,   

We would like to confirm some additional information, please provide: 

1. Is this a new issue or did it work before? Have you tested in another network or connected to a different router/AP? 
  2. Have you checked if the AP settings have the 5 GHz band selected or both 2.4/5GHz bands? 
  3. Is this the original adapter included in your system? Or did you install it separately?  
  4. Which channel are you selecting for the 5 GHz band? 
  5. Have you checked with your AP manufacturer or ISP to understand which is the best 5GHz band channel available for use? 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
peri136
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I will answer each of them.

1. Is this a new issue or did it work before? Have you tested in another network or connected to a different router/AP? 
    • New issue. I have never connected to another network or router.
  2. Have you checked if the AP settings have the 5 GHz band selected or both 2.4/GHz bands? 
    • Yes.
  3. Is this the original adapter included in your system? Or did you install it separately? 
    •  This is a separate installation.
  4. Which channel are you selecting for the 5 GHz band? 
    • There are 36/40/44/48 channels of 5.2Ghz to choose from, but none of them could create a hotspot.
      I haven't checked the 5.3/5.6Ghz band on a per-channel basis, but I couldn't create a hotspot for that either.
  5. Have you checked with your AP manufacturer or ISP to understand which is the best 5GHz band channel available for use? 
    • I have checked the specifications of the router and so on. (I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand the intent of your question.)

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,  

Once again thank you for your reply. 

Our recommendation is to check with the AP manufacturer or ISP for the recommended steps and best channels to use with the 5GHz band in your location. 

In the meantime, I will verify further information internally, please patiently wait for our update.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,   

I hope you are doing good. 

After checking internally, I can confirm that ideally, if connected to an AP to the 5GHz band, you should be able to create a hotspot using Windows 10 mobile hotspot option if using the approved country channels for 5GHz.  

Please keep in mind in Japan Channels from 5.725 to 5.85 GHz are prohibited, so make sure the AP channels are set to below that range of frequencies. If using an AX router set to probably 5.785 GHz then it will not work. Try using a channel below 136. 

There could be also hardware/software limitations in your area that blocks this option.  

As mentioned before, I think you should check with your ISP or AP manufacturer for help on these settings, also, the board maker can help you to confirm if there is a limitation on their site.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
peri136
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the problem has not been solved.
The APs I was using were on 5.2/5.3/5.6Ghz, all of which are approved channels in Japan.
Also, there was no mention on the motherboard about region locking of the wifi module.
I did some research, but I couldn't find any case of region locking of wifi module by motherboard.
If there is such a case, I would appreciate it if you could let me know, but I think it is highly unlikely that the motherboard is responsible for the region locking of the wifi module.
Therefore, the remaining parts are AX201 or windows 10.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I would appreciate it if you could check again.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,    

Thank you for your response. 

Please bear in mind that this adapter already has the feature included, how the features are managed will depend on the system, OS, and the communication with the AP.  

We cannot do further checking on this since we do not have the same system you are using available for replication/testing. 

Based on that, you should check with the board maker or Microsoft for additional recommendations. 

Regards,    

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peri136,     

We hope the previous recommendations were useful for you. 

As we believe you should be working with the manufacturer of your motherboard and Microsoft, we will close this inquiry from our side. 

If you have any additional questions, please post a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,     

Sebastian M     

0 Kudos