Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless-AC 3165 Connects to secure wifi but 'Not Connected' to unsecured Wi-Fi.

NashvilleTom
Beginner

Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Intel Dual Band wireless-AC 3165.  I can connect to home secured wifi and successfully connected to other secured wifi spots.  I can't connect to unsecured public wifi spots.  Just tells me Not Connected when I 'Connect.'  I tried disabling the wireless-AC 3165 device and re-enabling it.  I also checked driver version and I am running latest version.  Seem to have some success connecting to a secured wifi and then immediately trying to connect to an unsecured site.  Need to be able to connect first time to unsecured sites.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NashvilleTom,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Do you get any error or message when you try to connect to an unsecured Wi-Fi?

4. Do you see any errors or yellow marks at the device manager under your wireless adapter?

5. Were you able to connect to an unsecured Wi-Fi before? If so, when did the issue start?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NashvilleTom
Beginner

Thanks DeividA.  Prior to receiving your request for more information, I uninstalled the device and re-installed it.  Works as originally installed.  I don't know what caused the situation.  But, appreciate the response.  I consider this closed.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NashvilleTom,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NashvilleTom, 

I am glad to know that know your computer is working as originally. I will proceed to close this thread, however, bear in mind that you can open a new thread in case you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos