Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless-AC 3168 Bluetooth not working -error code 10

PRyan8
Beginner

Hello,

I have seen a number of posts online of people experiencing this issue and this post is the exact same thing I'm encountering (https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490VcsSAE/intel-wireless-bluetooth-error-10-after-windows-update).

I've tried every solution I can find online and can not get the bluetooth to work at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @PRyan8​ 

1. You are referencing 2.5 years old post.
  2. Please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach (use "paperclip") to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
PRyan8
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I've attached the file as requested. I've also looked at the event log under the device manager and it is showing that the device was not migrated:

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7\6&e9bcfe3&0&10 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: BTH\MS_BTHBRB\7&39bb4c1&2&1

Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}

Location Path: 

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF102

Present: false

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I understand that you have computer equipped with Asus PRIME B450M-A motherboard.
  2. I suggest that you should update your Bios to the latest version 2006 . This is the Asus Download page for you board.
  3. I'm assuming that you have integrated the AC 3168 Adapter by your self or by computer integrator? Did you checked with Asus if this adapter is compatible?
  4. The M.2 slot on your motherboard has PCie + SATA interface, while the AC 3168 requires Wi-Fi(PCIe), BT(USB). As far I understand the USB pins are missing in M.2 connector on your board. So, I I'm right, the BT can't work.
  5. Are you aware that in order to have this Wifi adapter communicating, you should have also two external antennas installed?
  6. However, first ask if this adapter is compatible and if you have USB interface in the M.2 connector.

Leon

0 Kudos