Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Wireless AC 7260 device stops working

idata
Employee

Hello,

Been having problems every couple days or so where my network device just stops working. It happened in the past, but seems to be more frequent now.

I have a Pci-E Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in my Desktop, running Windows 8.1

Attaching a diagnostic file.

When the device fails, I am unable to see any networks available. If I try to disable the device in device manager, it never disables. I have to restart windows. Oddly, Windows is unable to shut down completely when this happens, and I have to power button override to restart.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello feltz,

We understand you have an http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop that has been crashing with increasing frequency.

When you experience these failures do you see any type of error messages or error codes in device manager?

Normally these type of issues will be related to hardware issues. To troubleshoot, we can suggest the following:

1. Make sure you're using the http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=547# download latest BIOS for your motherboard.
  2. Shut your computer down.
  3. Remove the wireless adapter from it's PCIe slot.
  4. Make sure all the connectors are clean and look OK.
  5. Re-connect everything making sure adapter is properly seated.
  6. If possible, you may test the adapter using a different PCIe slot or computer.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

If after this the issue continues, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello feltz,

We have not heard back from you in a while, has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos