Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7260 trouble shooting

MWins1
Beginner

I recently purchased a GT-70 dragon 2 with a Wireless-AC 7260 upgrade. I am running windows 8. I can not get it to connect to a network. When I look for networks it only sees routers that are very close by and even then they show a low signal strength. My old computer sees several networks at varying strength. When I try to connect it gives me an error and fails to connect.

I updated the drivers to 16.0.0.5, but nothing has changed.

Does anyone know if I got a bad device or are the drivers not working yet?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

As far as I can see your laptop came with a different wireless adapter. So, if you installed the Intel® adapter please bear in mind that Intel Wireless Adapters are meant to be professionally installed by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technicians on certified systems only.

Your system is currently certified with the FCC in compliance with the International Special Committee for Radio Interference standards for radiated and conducted electromagnetic interference, installing any other adapter might void this certification and might not work correctly.

We recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to determine which product is approved for use in your computer. Only your system manufacturer is entitled to provide the list of validated and certified adapters that are compatible with your system and the proper means to do the hardware exchange for you.

Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm

Please also note that the drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter are still being tested: "This version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is for resellers and IT Administrators performing testing with the new Intel wireless adapters."

0 Kudos