Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7265 Windows 10 driver problems (18.33.0.2)

KWong21
Beginner

Driver version:

18.33.0.2 installed via Intel driver update utility

Driver date:

28th January 2016

Problem description:

1.) Using the "Connect" feature of Windows 10 to Microsoft wireless display adapter doesn't work, tested devices with other Wi-Fi modules, no problem:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/accessories/wireless-display-adapter-2 Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

2.) WiDi doesn't work either, connecting to a WiDi certified receiver: the Microsoft Wirless Display Adapter, same as above.

The Wireless Display Adapter uses Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Miracast® technology, so you're not limited to certain apps or content streaming; you can display everything from your device on an HDTV or monitor. The Wireless Display Adapter is also an Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) certified adapter and works with 2-in-1s and tablet devices with Intel WiDi capability.

3.) Bluetooth mouse stopped working for a while from time to time, for about 10 seconds, and then come back, which never happened before.

0 Kudos
66 Replies
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We have provided all the recommended settings in order to have it working and yet, this situation still persists. There may be compatibility issues and at this point only GIGABYTE* can confirm this regarding their system.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

I think deep inside your heart you know what you told me is xxxxxxxx. You didn't provide me all solutions, actually I just needing one thing from you since day 1 I've reported the problem:

a WiDi tested/certified Windows 10 64-bit driver for the Wireless-AC 7265 card.

Below is the reply from Gigabyte, I have to say I 100% agree with their reply. It's all about WiFi card driver, it's just so obvious while you keep telling me to look into other directions... which is really disappointing.

Dear Sir

Basically, WiDi is depend on WiFi Card, I checked the INTEL AC7265 WIFI Card is support WiDi, I think you can update the WIFI Card driver to test.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

Also, your Wireless-AC 3165 card works! Just tried! So?

Realtek = OK

AC-3165 = OK

AC-7265 = Not OK

What does that mean?

I think you know the answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We are much willing to assist you resolve this situation and we are going to do whatever is within our reach to help you. However, in order to do so, we need to make sure you have all the necessary components.

We can confirm that the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 is WiDi compatible as you can check here: http://ark.intel.com/products/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265 Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 - Specification

Recently, Intel has released a new driver for this adapter. Could you please be so kind and update your drivers and test your connection? For your convenience, here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26096/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - Package Version: 18.40.4

the driver version inside this package that will be installed for this adapter is 18.33.3.2

Please, bear in mind that there is chance that this specific system may not be compatible with this adapter and if you have the opportunity, please test this adapter in a different computer that meets the requirements for Intel® WiDi. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html System Requirements for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need out support.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
MJäge
Beginner

We are experiencing the very same issue with our HP Elitebook 840/850 G2/G3 series notebooks on Windows 10 Enterprise x64.

I've tested multiple different driver versions, ranging from 17.x to the very latest 18.33.3.2. - no dice.

The compatibility check confirms that everything should work, but Windows still insists that these devices do not support Miracast.

The command "netsh wlan show driver" also confirms that the GPU driver (despite being outdated, thanks to HP for that) supports Miracast, but the Wireless driver does not.

Please see the attached screenshot for details. Sorry about the German, but I think you should get what's going on.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mrtnjgr,

Have you checked with your IT team if there is no restriction regarding the installation of Intel® WiDi or the usage of Miracast*? IT policies may impact on this procedure so it is very important that you check with them first.

If you want to use Miracast* you may want to take a look at this piece of information provided by Microsoft* - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15053/windows-8-project-wireless-screen-miracast Project to a Wireless Display With Miracast*

Please let us know if this piece of information helped you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

yeah, I'm not alone, they will tell you to go find HP...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We would like to know if you had a chance to try the new drivers. Please bear in mind that there is a chance that the specific system you have is not compatible with this specific adapter. Let us know as soon as you can.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

Yes please. Try this one from the link above, test it and let us know. A clean installation may be needed as described on post number 8 from June 8th, 2016.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

Updated to 18.33.3.2, problem remains.

The driver date is earlier than this post,

I don't think my problem would be addressed unless the software guy traveled back with a time machine to make this driver...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We were wondering if you could provide us the run-time logs so we can take a closer look at these specific logs. This is how you extract them on Windows®10:

The WiDi compatibility tool creates 2 sets of log files. They are located in different directories.

1. C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\micl_tmp*.

a. This is actually a directory with a name that starts with micl_tmp. Please zip up the entire directory and send it.

2. C:\temp\WiDiLog_CompatibilityTool*.wdl

This this could be a single file or multiple files ending in .wdl. The tool creates a new log file every time you run it.

Please, let us know this as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

I did it before, again?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

Since you have used the latest drivers and reported that this situation still remains, we would like to have this piece of information so we can take a closer look. Please, be so kind and provide us as instructed above.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

Could you please check your private messages?

best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
MJäge
Beginner

Hello Aleki,

just to clarify, I am part of our IT team and responsible for Networking, Group Policies and OS deployment (and therefore drivers). I can confirm that there is no setting or restriction in place which prevents the use of WiDi / Miracast. I've also double checked that there is no XP-era Wireless GPO in place which could http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN295909/?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04 cause issues.

I've updated my machine to GPU driver version 20.19.15.4463 and the Wireless driver to 18.33.3.2 and your WiDi Compatibility Tool confirms that my system is fully capable of using WiDi.

However, when trying to connect to a wireless display, I still get the "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast, so it can't project wirelessly" error.

I was able to reproduce this issue on 8 different HP Elitebook 8x0 series notebooks.

I could also submit the logfiles you requested from kenofstephen, please let me know where I can upload / submit them.

Martin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mrtnjgr,

On Windows®10, Intel® WiDi is done through Miracast* and before we go any further, we would like to inform you the following about Intel® WiDi Technology:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000021693.html Product Discontinuation Notice for Intel® WiDi and Intel® Pro WiDi

Regarding http://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-certified-miracast Miracast*, Microsoft* offers this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15053/windows-8-project-wireless-screen-miracast Project to a Wireless Display with Miracast that might contain a solution when dealing with Miracast*.

As for the run-time logs, would it be ok for you to provide them here? Also, apart from these logs, could you also provide the logs from this tool?https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility so we can take a look at them as well.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

Received your message about a new driver,

will try as soon as I can, thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

kenofstephen,

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and the results after you tried the new drivers.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
KWong21
Beginner

Well, just downloaded from the link you sent me, installed and reboot,

back into OS, still the same 18.33.3.2 version of driver...

0 Kudos