Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless AC 7625 - Keeps disappearing (Even from Device manager)

RRobM
Beginner

Hi all I hope someone can shed some light on an issue I seem to be having.

It mainly started a week ago or so, It more or less started after I updated windows 10 as well as using the Fn + F2 key to toggle airplane mode on my notebook (Asus G752VT). The wifi did come back on after I switched it back on

I noticed I completely lost the wifi connection. After trying to update drivers from intel and from Asus itself with no fix, I reset the PC to factory settings which seemed to solve the issue until a couple of days ago. The wifi connection comes and goes and seems to be very random, I can either power up and it be there and once the laptop restarts it disappears or it just isn't there when powered up.

I have checked device manager and I have noticed that occasionally the intel Wireless 7625 AC driver is hidden with a fault advising code 45 - reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

For example,

Was working earlier, turned on this evening and wifi connection gone and gone from device manager.

Updated driver from the intel website

Restarted laptop and still no connection, even tried switching off.

Went into device manager and removed intel wireless AC 7625 with driver software (Was hidden)

Turned laptop off, turned on and now wifi connection appears?

However now the laptop has been off and back on, it has gone and even when i have uninstalled it from device manager, it isn't re-appearing.

I really do hope someone can help me on this

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Marshall85,

Is this wireless adapter installed by factory? The error message code 45 indicates that the hardware is not connected. Let us know this piece of information before we go any further so we can find the best way to help you with this.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
RRobM
Beginner

That's correct.

Inhave had it working earlier however after a restart, it soon disappeared again. I managed to get it working when I did another factory reset.

thank you

Also just to add..

Just another example of it not working...

Was working and connected to Wifi

Restarted laptop - Was fine

Switched it off and back on - Wifi connection has now gone and the Intel Wireless AC 7625 shows up as code 45.

I Have checked the bluetooth and that seems to be working fully and have no issues there.

I have also disabled the windows 10 auto driver update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Marshall85,

Could you please run this tool and send us the log from it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

We would like to take a look at it in order to provide support.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Marshall85,

We haven't heard from you in while so we would like to know if you had the chance to run the tool we indicated in order to obtain the logs.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos