Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wireless-AC 8260 Bluetooth Issues

Bizzaro
Beginner

Asus UX330UA Zenbook

Windows 10 (just reset so it's at 1803)

My bluetooth just disappeared randomly, but I am still able to connect to wireless networks. Bluetooth is now not showing up in Device Manager.

I have troubleshooted this by :

• Installing the latest bluetooth and network card drivers from the intel website.
  • Resetting the PC to Factory, THEN installing the latest wireless drivers without connecting to the internet in case there was some driver being auto installed that caused conflicts.
  • Ordering a new AC 8260 card from Amazon and installing it but with no change to symptoms.
  • Restarting Bluetooth services in Services.msc

Thanks for any assistance

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. For us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? When did the issue start? This problem happens at work or home environment? Even though you mentioned that the drivers are up to date and that they were already re-install, we can still try a clean installation of them: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html We recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. Please try to install the wireless driver first version V18.40.3.3 and after that try the Bluetooth driver version V18.1.1613.3274: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX330UA/HelpDesk_Download/ If the problem remains, then we can try install the Intel® generic wireless driver 20.110.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=86068 And then the Intel® generic Bluetooth driver version 20.110.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bizzaro
Beginner

Hi thanks for the information! I've just tried a clean install on both the Asus and Intel drivers but with no changes unfortunately.

I purchased my laptop in March of 2017 and the issue started in September of 2018. I haven't changed anything hardware wise and just haven't ever installed any software that is related to wireless or drivers, I just went to use it one day and it was no longer an option in the Action Center. It's not any different whether i'm home or at work. The bluetooth icon shows up for a split second when I click the action center but goes away immediately. It's not showing up in the device manager either. I'm at a loss here.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Bizzaro, We are sorry to hear the issue persists.

We can try the following steps now:

-Go to the search Windows search bar

-Type services

-Click Yes at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes

-Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on

rtaImage.jpg

-Click Restart at the left top corner

Just to confirm, did you check with ASUS to verify if there might be a BIOS update that includes Bluetooth fixes? We have reports from some users stating that the Bluetooth problem got fixed by doing a BIOS update:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Bizzaro
Beginner

Bluetooth Issues.jpg

I know this says AC7265, i've replaced my 8260 again with a card that I found on the Asus supplier website as being for this exact model but as you can see, with no change in results.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, Thank you very much for letting us know those results, we are sorry to hear the issue persists. The proper Intel® generic Wireless/Bluetooth driver version for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card is the same that was provided previously, which is 20.110.0. In the following link you will find older drivers versions that we can try for testing purposes to confirm if the issue gets fixed that way. Please select the Windows* version you are using and you will see the drivers, we can try versions 20.90.1, 20.70.0 and 20.60.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265 Please let us know the results. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bizzaro
Beginner

Hi Alberto, I've tried installing each of the previous versions of the driver. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a difference after doing so. Is there anything else I could try?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, In this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with ASUS for them to try to replicate the issue using the same platform that you have and for them to provide further technical assistance on this subject. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bizzaro
Beginner

Thanks, i've been working with them and they ended up telling me that I would need to send it out to them for repair which is very pricey.

I appreciate the help thus far Alberto.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Bizzaro, You are very welcome, thank you for letting us know those updates. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos