Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless-AC 8265 killing my network. Firewall blocking errors. internet speed 10x lower.

SSaid
Beginner

I've had this problem for more then a week now. And at first I thought it was my router problem etc.

But here I will explain what happens.

The main issues is when playing online games, sometimes just particular ones.

And the issues persist for an hour even after I exited the game.

I still got a quarter (3-6mbit/s) sometimes around half (6-8mbit) of my 16mbit/s connection but could watch youtube in 1080p and do everything else except when I start gaming.

Here is one event:

1. when running that online game (rust) , I could play for 10 minutes but then people start teleporting and i get *timed out* errors.

meanwhile I can't open ANY website, and if I was lucky to open speedtest.net, and if I was lucky to actually DO an speedtest. it showed me 0.50 download speed. ping mostly double or triple from the normal 56 ping.

And if the speedtest website didn't start doing the speedtest. it showed me an error about firewall blocking connection. It even showed me a few times a totally different speedserver server somewhere in Poland (instead of germany, at the border close to the netherlands which is the opposite side of poland) and there was a red triangle thing showing me that my ports are blocked or whatever.

2: Speedtests. this speedtests are AFTER I exit the online game client. and can persist up to a few hours

PING 57 ms DOWNLOAD 4.03 Mbps UPLOAD 1.11 Mbps

PING 56 ms DOWNLOAD 2.33 Mbps UPLOAD 1.17 Mbps

PING 58 ms DOWNLOAD 3.34 Mbps UPLOAD 1.07 Mbps

3: Speedtests MANY hours after I stop playing the game.

Speedtests average the same everyday whenever I try running the online game.

PING 58 ms DOWNLOAD 6.02 Mbps UPLOAD 1.05 Mbps

PING 57 ms DOWNLOAD 8.62 Mbps UPLOAD 1.21 Mbps

PING 58 ms DOWNLOAD 8.24 Mbps UPLOAD 1.17 Mbps

4. Speedtests WHILE ingame, IF they work

PING 177 ms DOWNLOAD 0.56 Mbps UPLOAD 1.10 Mbps

PING 118 ms DOWNLOAD 0.23 Mbps UPLOAD 0.95 Mbps

PING 147 ms DOWNLOAD 1.32 Mbps UPLOAD 0.61 Mbps

5. Playing a LAN game (Factorio)

Now this issue is the weirdest one and always happens. whereas in the online game you can play for the first 5-15 minutes before the issues start.

In Factorio, me and another person are both connected to the same router and we use that router access point to connect both of our laptops to play the game locally without creating a server or whatever.

Once the other person joins, most of the things work okay, but as soon as you open a youtube video or something, the exact same problem appear, except sometimes you DO open youtube but videos not buffering at all, just a black screen not even a millisecond.

6. Sometimes it nothing works at all and when I try to open a website I get some kind of DNS errors.

And sometims when the wifi adapter shows a yellow sign that it has no connection to the internet and when I try to resolve the problem.

It says that the Device cannot communicate with the main DNS server.

I hope all this facts help you to help me if anyone will actually try helping me.

Motherboard: Notebook N85_87HP6 (U3E1)

GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer) 44 °C

ForceWare version: 382.05

Storage:

931GB Seagate ST1000LM048-2E7172 (SATA) 29 °C

238GB SAMSUNG MZVPV256HDGL-00000 (Unknown)

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Versions I had: 20.20.2.2

the latest version.

and the 19.70.0.5

So I am not even sure if it is a version problem.

____

The windows version is 1709 (OS B. 16299.192)

Besides that the new windows update fails all the time.

2/3/2018 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4058258)

HOW DO I KNOW IF IT IS NOT EVEN THE WIFI ISSUE BUT A ROUTER OR SO INSTEAD?

Well first of all. Others can use it.

2nd: via LAN I get full stable speeds.

PING 55 ms DOWNLOAD 17.06 Mbps UPLOAD 1.09 Mbps

Weirdest fact that the upload stays the same!!!

Please HELP ME!!

I start regretting choosing this model of the laptop because the wifi adapter was one of the reason I choose it, I had a choice between the AC WLANKiller™ and 8265, but AC WLANKiller™ had bad reviews about having troubles connecting to different networks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sailee94,

We understand you're experiencing performance issues when playing online games on your laptop using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. The issue does not occur to other computers connected, nor if you connect using an Ethernet cable.

In order to better help you we would like to get the following information:

1. Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

2. Your WLAN Auto-Config log.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WlanReport\ locate wlan-report-latest.html

3. What is your router brand and model?

4. Screenshot of your firewall error message.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sailee94,

We have not heard back from you in a while, has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos