Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless-AC 9260 Protocol: a,b,g,n? BT5.0 & DUALSHOCK 4 & XBOX ONE S WIRELESS CONTROLLER

JManR4
Beginner

Have a nice day

I want to buy Intel® Wireless-AC 9260

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/ru/ru/ark/products/99445/intel-wireless-ac-9260.html

But it stops that there is very little information about it about compatibility and work.

Perhaps here I will find answers for myself:

1. Will it fully work on my Z370 Pro4 motherboard ?https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.ru.asp

2. In its network specifications, only "Wi-Fi CERTIFIED

802.11ac ". Will it receive a signal from routers via protocol a, b, g, n ? Thank you Al.Hill

3.Antennas for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. Dual-Band WiFi. 2dbi vs 4dbi vs 6dbi vs 8 dbi. The influence of dbi on the power and range of the bluetooth signal ?

4. Is module 5.0 compatible with DUALSHOCK 4 or XBOX ONE S WIRELESS CONTROLLER ? Thank you Abigail G

Thank you in advance for the answers and my enlightenment ;)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
JManR4
Beginner

Dear Al.Hill, thanks for trying to be clever, I did not ask where I could see the technical specifications, I already saw them, but they did not give me all the answers to my questions.😑

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Not trying to be clever.

You have not seen the PDF I posted the link to. You yourself said "there is very little information about it about compatibility and work.".

All of the information you need is in the PDF. For example, you asked about A, B, G, N. If you looked at the document, you would see: "IEEE WLAN Standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac,"

Now, I am not going to spoon feed you, nor am I going to research asrock boards. You can do the research yourself.

Good luck moving forward, and glad I could help.

Doc

0 Kudos
JManR4
Beginner

Dear Al.Hill, English is not my native language, and it’s difficult for me to understand technical documentation, the translator may not correctly translate my thoughts, but I want to thank you again for your attention, at least you helped me to close question number 2 on protocol a , b, g, n;)

I hope there will be experts who will help me to close other questions :)

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JManR4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

Regarding your first question about if the wireless adapter will be fully compatible and work properly on your ASRock motherboard, I was able to get the following information:

The Wireless adapter board forms factor supported are M.2 2230 and M.2 1216. As you can see on the following link section Package Specifications:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/99445/intel-wireless-ac-9260.html

Your motherboard has an M.2 port version M.2 2230 under the expansion slots for WiFi/BT module, you can check this information under the manual of your manufacturer, specifically on page 2 > Expansion Slots section. Here is the link for the manual:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Z370%20Pro4.pdf

Note: Based on the previous information even though it seems to be compatible in the socket, we recommend you to get in contact with the motherboard manufacturer to check if it will fully work as you expect.

Regarding your second question, I would like to get more information about the antenna amplifications. Will you change the frequencies of the adapter? Please provide more details.

And regarding the DUALSHOCK 4 and XBOX ONE S Bluetooth compatibility, I was able to find the following information:

On the DUALSHOCK 4, I was able to see on the specifications that work with Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR, however, I was also able to check on another thread that a customer was able to use the DUALSHOCK 4 connected to an Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 and even he was able to connect 3 with no issues. Here is the link for that specific thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P00004JGTdBSAX

Regarding the XBOX ONE S Bluetooth® compatibility, I was not able to find exactly the specifications for the controller. So, I would recommend you to check with their support for the Bluetooth compatibility and controller specifications:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/elite-controller-info#8b08aedfa99e4ecd8e5b785678c6683b

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
JManR4
Beginner

Dear Abigail G, thank you very much for your attention to the questions that interest me!

Regarding the compatibility of the Board Form Factor &

Package Size I had no doubts, but on amateur forums there are disputes about the operation of the Z370 chipsets with 9 series adapters, and about the compatibility of the System Interface Type M.2: CNVio vs Wi-Fi (PCIe), BT (USB), I did not find a definite answer , support asrock is unfortunately not very sociable, and my requests and letters do not respond, they made a list of compatible processors / memory / drives, placed the m.2wifi plug on their motherboard, they lacked the strength and desire on the compatibility list of m.2wifi adapters :)

Also thank you for closing questions about wireless controllers ;)

Antennas for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. Dual-Band WiFi. 2dbi vs 4dbi vs 6dbi vs 8 dbi. The influence of dbi on the power and range of the bluetooth signal ?

51byALpZgNL._SL1001_.jpg

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JManR4,

In this case, I would like to request more time to check on the responses that I will provide you.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,   

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JManR4,

Thank you for waiting for our response.

We would recommend you to get in contact with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of your system in order to have an answer to the questions remaining since this is a wireless integration and the system performance will depend on the features/specifications of the hardware that you will use with the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 and also in regards to antenna signal.

If you would like to have more information about this wireless regulatory and limitations, please check the following links:

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos