Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless AC 9462 constant disconnection problem.

Bren10
Beginner

Hi Guys

I have this wireless issue that recently started after updating my computers drivers. My wifi drops connection and displays a little yellow triangle on the adapter in device manager. Then i can't reconnect.
I have attached my system info.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Bren10

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the folliwng details:

1- We understand that the problem started after updating the drivers. Do you mean updating to the Intel® generic drivers or updating to the customized drivers downloaded from your computer manufacturer's (OEM) website (Dell*)?

2- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

3- Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the laptop?

4- Despide the driver updates, was there any other change? For instance, Windows® updates?

5- Are you seeing any error code (e.g. Code 10) on Device Manager? For instance, when the little yellow triangle is present in Device Manager?

6- Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Please provide details.

7- Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

8- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Bren10

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Bren10

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. Generally speaking, this type of issues where there is a little yellow traingule in Device Manager may appear due to hardware issues or faulty components, so our last recommendation is to verify with your computer manufacturer (OEM) for a possible physical inspection and to see if any component (e.g. Wireless adapter) requires to be replaced.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos