Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless AC 9560 Keeps Dropping Connection

Philon
Novice

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad X1 Extreme running Windows 10 1809 with the wireless AC 9560 adapter that came with it. A few months in, the wi-fi keeps dropping. I've done a ton of troubleshooting, and have not been able to fix it.

The drops are almost always associated with "SuspectArpProbeFailed" in the WLAN report. The connection to the wireless router remains, but I lose internet. Running troubleshooting usually fixes it.

I've attached my SSU results for more info about my machine and drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Philon, I just wanted to check if there are any updates in reference to the testings that you are doing?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Philon
Novice

Hi, Alberto:

Since switching to the 20Hz width at 5 GHz it's been better! I haven't noticed any drops during use.

Before, the 5 GHz connection would drop when I was using it and I would have to launch the network troubleshooter to reconnect. For the past four days, this hasn't happened at all.

I did notice one drop while I was away from the computer that was reported in the wlan report -- the 5GHz connection dropped and it automatically switched to my 2.4 GHz home band while I was away from the laptop. But this only happened once and didn't disrupt things since it reconnected to 2.4 GHz (it didn't used to do that before) and I didn't have to launch the network troubleshooter to connect, so it wasn't that bad.

So, at least for now, it seems good enough! I'll post again if things change.

The only thing I've been cautious on is using my VPN. I'm going to use it more and see if that affects anything.

Thanks for checking in!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Philon, Thank you very much for providing the latest results and updates of the testings being done.

Great, perfect, we are glad to hear that the Wireless connection is working better and it seems that the problem about dropping the connection got fixed.

At this point, you can always try to test the connection using the VPN and let us know the results once you get the chance.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Philon, I just wanted to check if you did more testings regarding the Wireless connection using VPN and if you need further assistance for this scenario?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Philon
Novice

Hi, Alberto:

I've been using the VPN more on my home network and have not noticed any major problems with my connection, so no assistance needed for now.

I'll check in one final time this weekend to let you know how things are going, but if my connection keeps on behaving well for the rest of the week, I'll consider it the case closed. So far, it looks like changing to 20Hz width on my 5GHz band did the trick!

Thanks for the continued support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Philon, Thank you very much for sharing the latest updates.

Outstanding, it is great to hear that so far even when using the VPN as well there are no problems with the Wireless connection.

Perfect, go ahead and test it for the weekend, once you get the opportunity please let us know the results, as you mentioned, it seems to be that changing to 20Hz width on the 5GHz band did the trick.

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Philon
Novice

Hi, Alberto:

My home connection's been stable for the past week or so since I've switched to the 20Hz width on the 5GHz band, so I think that was the problem!

I'll post again if something comes up in the future, but for now I think the case is closed.

Thanks again for your persistent help throughout this entire process!

Guilherme
Beginner

Finally!!!! I´ve been seeking for this everywhere and finally I guess had found.

I´ve spent many hours trying many different settings. Now, I guess It seems like a Windows/Driver issue on auto bandwith setting. Additionally my router is now set to 20mhz also, instead of "Auto!".

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Philon, Thank you very much once again for keeping us informed with the latest updates.

Perfect, it is great to hear that the Wireless connection is working properly.

Sure, if something comes up in the future you can always post any updates on this thread so we can further assist you.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Hi Intel moderators and allow me to ask in this old thread.

I have seen this issue (SuspectArpProbe) in 3 different Lenovo laptops (AC8265 running 20.70.30.1 and 20.70.21.2, and third one with Intel AX200 running 22.140.0.3) today and they all have disconnected and after manual bounce of the Wi-Fi interface (they were not connecting back automatically) they have connected to the nearby AP (this is a Cisco deployment with multiple APs at the same office).

On teh WLC side I see this messages for the 3 clients:

2022/09/19 09:11:22.713621 {wncd_x_R0-0}{1}: [client-orch-sm] [20389]: (note): MAC: 645d.86ab.1234  Client delete initiated. Reason: CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_MN_DHCP_TIMEOUT, details: , fsm-state transition

2022/09/19 08:32:53.406085 {wncd_x_R0-0}{1}: [client-orch-sm] [20389]: (note): MAC: 50e0.85ab.1234  Client delete initiated. Reason: CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_MN_DHCP_TIMEOUT, details: , fsm-state transition

2022/09/19 08:34:12.422953 {wncd_x_R0-0}{1}: [client-orch-sm] [20389]: (note): MAC: 48f1.7fab.1234 Client delete initiated. Reason: CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_MN_DHCP_TIMEOUT, details: , fsm-state transition

By the comments here, it seems to me that this is something to do with Intel driver and handling channel widths above 20-MHz, so what if I use higher channel widths? It has no logic to recommend to use 20-MHz channels when there is room to use 40-MHz ones, the adapters have Wi-Fi Alliance certification so they shoul be able to use it.

Has this issue been fixed in later codes?

0 Kudos