Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Wireless AND LAN adapters constantly dropping/interrupting connection for Predator Helios 300 laptop

NateDaGreat
Beginner

I am having this exact same issue as identified in the following thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Killer-internet-dropping-connection-and-reconnecting-on-Acer/td-p/1404386

I did not have connection issues before purchasing this laptop.  My old laptop worked like a charm connection-wise.  None of my other devices connected to the network (XBox X series, smartphone, multiple smart TVs) have ANY difficulty ever with internet connection.  I have checked my ISP (Comcast) using their internet utility app and there are no issues identified with the router or my connection.  Rebooting my router produces no noticeably different results.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers both manually from the Acer website and using the Intel Driver & Support tool.  I tried using the SSU that was mentioned and it won't allow me to submit anything.  I immediately get an error message on clicking 'Submit' of

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in servicerequestmgmt.intel.com.
If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Multiple attempts to reload produce no meaningful results.

I purchased a network cable and connected physically to my router and am still having the same issues.  I disabled the "Double Shot" feature in the Killer Control Center and then uninstalled the utility altogether.  No difference.

Even web pages are painfully slow loading and I am constantly getting "webpage not responding" messages over multiple sites.  Sometimes the connection picks back up and loads the page, and sometimes I wait for several minutes before shutting down and restarting out of frustration. 

I have scoured the web for any potential fixes and have seen a LOT of posts across multiple support communities about similar issues with this series going back at least a year.  And given the sheer number of reports, I am genuinely disappointed that Intel has not come up with a fix for these issues.  

I am attaching the system information compiled by the SSU utility in the hopes that something useful can be gleaned.  A solution would be nice.  But as of right now I basically have a $1400 brick and I am NOT happy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NateDaGreat
Beginner

Almost forgot.  I also ran Windows Network Diagnostics and the utility says that it can't identify a problem.

I'm stuck.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @NateDaGreat

Thank you for the information provided. 

1. Is the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)? 
  2. Was it working before? When did the issue start? 
  3. Make sure your BIOS is up to date (latest BIOS version 1.08). Contact your System Manufacturer if necessary for this delicate process. 
  4. In this case, perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NateDaGreat,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NateDaGreat, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you. 

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos