Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Wireless Adapter 8265 will not connect to certificate based wireless

KCox1
Beginner

I have updated the drivers. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the device and drivers. I have tried OEM driver and Intel IT driver. Each time I try to connect to my enterprise wireless the device quits working and the event says that "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped".

I have 30 other machines in the office that can connect without issue.

If i connect to our guest wifi which is just WPA2 passphrase everything works fine.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KCox1, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. To perform a clean install of the wireless drivers, we recommend following these steps: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Try these steps and let us know if this behavior persists (OEM drivers first). For Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 Version: 20.100.0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KCox1, Were you able to perform the clean installation of the wireless driver. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KCox1
Beginner

i was able to perform a clean install of the wireless driver and the issue persists. I've tried multiple different driver versions. I've tried the driver alone. I've tried the intel proset software. All roads lead to the device stopping when trying to connect to a certificate based wireless authentication network.

0 Kudos
NRobi5
Beginner

It may be an Internet issue. So, I will suggest you update the system and reset it. You may also check https://linksysroutersupportnumber.com/how-to-reset-recover-change-linksys-router-password-or-login/ to consult for how to reset linksys router and reset the router if you need any support regarding the Internet.

0 Kudos
KCox1
Beginner

It's not an internet issue. We have 30 other workstations in the office (Mac and Windows) that all work fine. Also its Cisco WLC not a linksys router.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KCox1, The issue you are describing seems to be related to the security implemented on the Enterprise Network. For example, a certificate is missing or the device is not authenticated. A. Have you checked the authentication deployed on the network? If a change on the wireless security occurred, you may not be able to connect to the network. B. Are other devices with an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 able to connect to the Enterprise Network? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KCox1, Were you able to verify the information provided on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KCox1, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to assist you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos