Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wireless CARD problem - How can i buy

BarisCapat
Beginner

Hello. I am using intel 3165-AC in my laptop. I want to upgrade my wifi card to a new one.

When i look the intel wireless products page, I saw intel 9462 is compatible with my system right?

If isn't, Which product should I buy?

or where can i get the product? I couldn't find any online shop pages

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport

Hello BarisCapat, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

You have not provided your laptop's model number, so I am unable to check if any compatibility page is available from their side. However, this is something you need to check with your system manufacturer (OEM) directly. 

Please be aware that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. An Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market doesn't necessarily mean that same wireless adapter can be used or installed in any other systems for the above mentioned reason. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the OEM to determine if that Wireless Adapter you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the OEM post-approval requirements. You can check that here: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html 

Additionally, if the OEM offers you the compatible wireless cards, they might be able to sell them to you (or at least give you the exact part number), also, they can help you with the installation process and warranty coverage if applicable.  

Please check the following link for different OEMs support websites: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html 

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello BarisCapat, 

I hope our previous recommendation was useful.

As we advised, you will need to check with the OEM for the compatible wireless cards with their system.

We wil proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any other questions; please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos