Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless Capability issue (Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 3168 )

VDuji
Beginner

So I have HP Notebook model 15-bs034nm (Windows 7 64 bit) and everything works correctly except Network. I installed driver for wireless card but it keeps saying "Wireless capability is turned off" ,there is no available connections and there is no switch on laptop or anywhere.I tried everything suggested on HP support site and I just dont know what to do anymore so I hope someone will come up with a solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Hard to say where such a switch would be on a HP laptop. HP should be able to tell you.

Now, do not look for a physical switch. It is probably a touch sensitive switch on the top of the keyboard near where the screen is. It will likely turn on BLUE when you touch it. It probably even has an icon network symbol.

Just explore above the keyboard.

Doc

0 Kudos
VDuji
Beginner

I already looked for that as you described ,nothing. There is no network symbol at all .

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, the best you can do is to MAKE hp help you. Intel did not make the laptop.

Now, you may want to look in the device manager to see if the wireless device is disabled.

Or, you can look in the control panel to see if it is disabled.

Doc

0 Kudos
VDuji
Beginner

Yeah I just sent them request for help.

Thanks for your answers and I hope It will be solved soon.

0 Kudos
GDank
Beginner

I have same problem. What was the answer from HP?

I have HP 15-bs008ds laptop. it was with win 10 Home 64-bit, but i want win 7. With win7 64bit i cannot turn on wifi adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello gabordanko,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos