Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Wireless Dualband AC 3165 Access Point or Ad hoc problem

AMesn
Beginner

Hi guys !

I tried to make an ad hoc network but also an access point with connectify but it's impossible !

In cmd.exe when i show the drivers status it says that my wifi card is not compatible... My old 6 years PC have this option but not this one ? Weird...

Also, i dig on the internet and someone says that put the drivers back to version 18.12.0 should make it work, I tried, but once again, it's not working...

If someone can help me or just enlighten me, it would be great ^^

Thanks in advance

Axel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Axel13,

If we understand correctly you want use your computer as a hotspot, correct? If that is so, please bear in mind that Intel® Wireless Adapters were not designed to be used like that. As for Ad Hoc, due to regulatory requirements, this type of connection is not supported in 5GHz using Intel® Wireless Adapters. Please check these online article for further references: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006116.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Wireless Adapters and http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006057.html Intel® Wireless Adapters FAQ - Please let us know if these pieces of informations helped answering your question.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Axel13,

We have not heard from you since your first interaction with us. We would like to know if you still need our assistance.

0 Kudos
AMesn
Beginner

Hi Aleki !

Sorry for the late reply i didn't see your answer, my bad ^^

Thanks for the answer, i'm a bit disappointed to be honest, I was pretty sure that I could turn my wifi card in a hotspot cause most of them can. It's clearly useful to play lan or share my connection

Just one more question : will future cards be supported for hotspot ?

The card is working really fine otherwise !!

Thanks for the quick support !

Axel

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Axel13,

Current Intel® Wireless Adapters are designed this way to comply with wireless regulations, we are not able to confirm if future products will have different capabilities.

We appreciate your feedback and we are continuously working to improve our products according the needs of our customers. We will forward your input to the proper resources so it can be considered for the future.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Alexl13,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We hope that the information provided by jonathan_intel helped you clarify your doubts.

0 Kudos
AMesn
Beginner

Hi Aleki & Jonathan,

You did clarify my doubts

You can close the topic,

Thanks for your fast and clear replies !

Regards,

Axel

0 Kudos