Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wireless Event Viewer & Windows 10

MKlei9
Beginner

I have tried to enable driver event logging in the PRO/SET admin tools (v20.40.0), but cannot get the Wireless Event Viewer to start. Apparently this tool is no longer supported in Windows 10? If I need to log driver events for my Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, which tool should I use?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MKlei9
Beginner

After enabling driver event logging in the PRO/SET admin tools, I noticed a 10% increase in CPU activity for logging processes and services. So the logging is obviously happening, but where can the output be found?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mark235,

Thanks for posting.

As you suggested, the Event Viewer Log plug-in for Intel® Wireless is not supported on Windows 10*. This feature was available on Windows 7*, Windows Vista*, and Windows XP*. You can learn more about it here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007013/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Intel® Wireless Event Viewer Logs

We're investigating if there's any alternative available for Windows 10*. We'll let you know as soon as we have updates.

EDIT: mark235 Thanks for your patience. After testing with different wireless adapters and driver versions, we've confirmed the Intel PROSet event Viewer Logs are not supported on Windows 10*.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
MKlei9
Beginner

Is there an alternative Intel tool to troubleshoot wifi connectivity issues on driver level?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mark235,

Thanks for your reply. At this point, there's not an Intel alternative to monitor connectivity at driver level for Windows 10*. Though there are some 3rd party options that might work, there are none we can recommend.

Please let us know if there'a anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos