Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Wireless N 7260 driver 17.0.5 BSOD on 8.1

VYoun1
Beginner

While i was "googleing" my speed from 150 mbps downed to 11mbps, i found out a new driver for the n 7260.

I tried to install the new 17.0.5 driver but, it only gives me an BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) while installing the driver

then i was never able to get into the normal mode again, (safe mode--OK), and now I am back to 16.5.3.6 .

My system:

Wireless-N 7260

Windows 8.1 with Update 1

Fujitsu AH544

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please uninstall the older Intel® PROSet Wireless Software version, restart your system, delete the folders below, and attempt to install the new version again.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

Sorry, this still cause Bsod.

And I can't delete a file in

Rebooted twice, using Unlocker, but still exist.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

Well, I just found out that there is a new release (17.1.0.19) (oh, i skipped 17.0.6 )

I just installed that and no BSOD problem.

No 11mbps, no unsponsive connecting issues.

Give me some time to see if it can work better than 17.0.2.

Thanks @allan_intel,joe_intel and GattoNero

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Vincent, thanks for the tip. I've learned, however, not to be an early adopter when it comes to drivers and Thinkpads. I'll wait for while and see what kind of feedback comes along, here and elsewhere.

Besides that, what could that driver do that my current driver can't? I'd be interested in our Intel friends' opinion about that.

0 Kudos
VYoun1
Beginner

I agree with you.

also, I think intel is should add changelog for wireless drivers, as there is changelog for the Graphics Drivers but not Wireless drivers!
0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Totally agree. So disappointing that they keep releasing these files with no description of what they've done.

Also, I hope you don't have to change your mind about marking this thread "Green"!

0 Kudos