Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wireless driver erroneously says "upgrade available"

markosjal
Novice

I have a Dell Venue 11 , 7130 that I swapped the wireless/Bluetooth card to an Intel instead of the Dell that had come with it.

Recently, I started getting constant nagging that there is an Intel Driver update Available. If I try to install the driver, I can see it is the same version as the installed driver

SEE ATTACHMENTS

Is this a bug in the driver?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are multiple reports of this issue. It will be escalated to the development team.

Regardless, thank you for reporting,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Question: Was this with Windows 10 or Windows 11?

(Reports of fix already being available for Windows 11)

...S

0 Kudos
markosjal
Novice

This is Windows 10 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello markosjal,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you that Intel does not support either advise to perform any integration (replace original parts) since they may not be compatible with the device and may not work properly with your laptop.

However, in order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Did you have issues with the original adapter?

3. Did the issue start as soon as you replace the wireless adapter?

4. Did you notice the issue with DELL drivers?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
markosjal
Novice

DeividA_Intel,

I do not believe I have ever IN MY LIFE heard such a psycho babble response  for an issue like this going from "it's a known issue" to implying "its your fault"

First the system has worked flawlessly for a long time after the Dell unit swap to the Intel unit swap until the new drivers with Windows 11 support  came out and were installed. To be clear that is when the "known issue"   was mentioned in a reply.

The work -around is to uninstall the Intel "driver Nagware" that checks for updated drivers 

Add Intel to that list of more bad Windows Drivers now which I never expected.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello markosjal, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello markosjal, 

I am sorry if you felt that we were blaming you for this issue, that was never the intention. We need this information to proceed with the reports or to check for possible troubleshooting steps for this issue.

I would appreciate it if you can provide the information requested. Please let me know if you would like to continue with the support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello markosjal,  

After checking your case, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please provide me with the information requested. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello markosjal, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos