Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless keeps disconnecting

Verdelici
Beginner

Hi.

Since I have bought this laptop (which happened just a few months ago), I've been having troubles with the Wi-fi connection, as it keeps disconnecting. My wireless driver is Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz. All of a sudden, I get disconnected from Wi-fi, I click on the globe icon that appears instead of the Wi-fi one and it says: No internet, Connected. And then I have to keep clicking on disconnect-connect, disconnect-connect until it decides it wants to reconnect. No other device in the house has this problem. Please help, it has become a real problem now especially because I'm working from home.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
Verdelici
Beginner

Here you have! Thx a lot.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Verdelici, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the Wireless connection still persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Verdelici
Beginner

Hi

Considering that I haven't really been assisted, yes, unfortunately I still have the problem. I have provided my full system details, but I haven't been given a real solution to the issue I am experiencing.

Kindly waiting,

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Verdelici, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router or Access Point (AP)?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

By any chance, do you have the option to test the laptop with a different Router or AP?

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform. The Intel® Wireless driver that is currently installed in your platform is a generic driver, meaning it might or it might not work with your laptop.

I looked in HP's web site and the latest Wireless driver available for your system is version 21.80.2.1 Rev.P, please try a clean installation of that driver and get in contact directly with them to verify if there is a customized driver tested and validated by them, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g6-notebook-pc/23201167/swItemId/ob-252533-2

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Verdelici, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Verdelici, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos